Chapter 28: Breather

NO ONE'S POV

"I told you not to follow me around, didn’t I?" Mikha muttered while facing the window, her fingers lightly gripping the wine glass as she took another sip.

Behind her, seated comfortably in the chairs by her desk, were Jhoanna and Ashley habang tahimik na nakatingin sa nakatalikod na pigura ni Mikha.

"Parang sinabi mo na rin na huwag ko gawin ang trabaho ko." Ashley finally casually spoke kaya nakatanggap s'ya ng masamang tingin galing kay Jho.

Nahuli kasi sila ni Mikha kahapon na nakasunod sa kanilang dalawa ni Aiah habang nag tatalo.

Mikha saw both Jhoanna and Ashley following her and Aiah habang naglilibot sila sa mall, kaya when Aiah excused herself to use the bathroom, she was about to confront the two but didn’t have the chance when Aiah asked her to accompany her.

Kaya sinamantala niya ngayon ang pagkakataon na kausapin ang dalawa habang wala si Colet at Gwen.

Mikha’s grip on her wine glass tightened slightly.

She didn’t move at first, still staring out the window, but the words clearly struck a nerve.

Letting out a sharp breath, she swiftly turned her swivel chair around to face Ashley at malalim na tinignan ito.

"Ashley, don't test me right now."

"I wasn't." Pabalang na sagot ni Ashley kaya napasapo na lang si Jhoanna ng makitang mas dumilim ang itsura ni Mikha.

Mikha’s glare deepened as she leaned forward.

"I know my parents are paying you, but it doesn’t change the fact that you’re working for me dahil inutos nila."

Ashley raised an eyebrow, her lips twitching into a smirk.

"Who said that I’m working for your parents?" Ashley retorted.

Mikha paused, the sharp retort she had ready dying on her tongue as she looked at Ashley, confusion crossing her face.

"What do you mean?" Takang tanong n'ya.

Ashley’s expression remained calm as she sat back in her chair.

"Your grandparents hired me, Mikha. Remember when you told them about your plan to move secretly?" She leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees.

'They personally hired me, so kahit mainis ka na madalas ako nakabuntot sa’yo with a safe distance, wala kang magagawa, whether you want it or not, I’m just doing my job."

She emphasized the words safe distance, making sure her point sank in at tumayo para lumabas ng opisina ni Mikha.

Mikha’s confusion was clear, but the realization slowly settled in her expression.

Before Ashley could exit the office, she paused by the door and turned back to Mikha.

"Don’t worry, Young Master, my loyalty is yours." With that, she walked out, leaving both Mikha and Jhoanna staring after her, still processing the unexpected revelation.

"Putangina, Mikha." Jhoanna cursed, catching Mikha’s attention.

Mikha raised an eyebrow as she sipped her wine at inip na inip sa sunod na sasabihin ni Jho.

"May chemistry kayo, ‘The Heir and the Bodyguard’ shetttt." Jhoanna added, shaking her head with a grin as she even stood slightly in excitement.