Chapter 47: Layag

NO ONE'S POV

"How are we gonna explain it to them?" Colet asked Jhoanna.

The three of them were in Jhoanna's office. Mikha's father had updated Gwen and Colet about Mikha needing to start exploring the business world and face her responsibilities.

He informed them that it would be up to Jhoanna to explain everything, so they quickly came to her.

"Explain what?" Jhoanna asked the elder without sparing her a glance, busy typing on her laptop.

"About Mikha." Gwen stated.

Jhoanna's face hardened before she closed her laptop and stood up.

"They don't deserve an explanation. If they see her, then that's it." She stated coldly before leaving her office.

She didn't want to talk about this kind of thing.

Para namang nabingi ang dalawa sa narinig, but they reacted in different ways.

Colet's blood boiled, and she quickly followed Jhoanna, while Gwen remained calm and followed her Ate Colet, knowing she might act impulsively.

And she was right.

Colet grabbed Jhoanna by the collar angrily.

"Tangina, Jho, ganiyan ka na ba talaga katigas?" She asked angrily, but Jhoanna just gave her a dull look.

"If you want to tell them, go ahead. I'm not stopping you. They'll find out eventually." Jhoanna answered as she held Colet's grip.

Hindi na sumingit si Gwen, she just watched the heated conversation between her friends dahil pareho n'yang naiintindihan kung saan nanggagaling ang init ng ulo ng dalawa.

"But don't expect me to say anything. They don't deserve my explanation, especially your sister." She added, tightening her grip on Colet's hand.

"Do whatever you want, go tell them Mikha is alive." She said as she pushed Colet, causing her to stumble back.

Colet laughed bitterly bago tinignan sa mata si Jhoanna.

"Buhay nga si Mikha, pero parang ikaw naman ang nawala." She said bitterly before walking away.

Gwen took a deep breath before walking close to Jhoanna and tapping her on the shoulder.

"I miss you, Jho." she muttered before following Colet.

Naiwan nakatayo si Jhoanna sa labas ng office n'ya, wala masyadong tao sa floor n'ya as she requested.

Colet's words echoed in her mind.

"Buhay nga si Mikha pero parang Ikaw naman ang nawala."

Jhoanna clenched her fists.

Maybe she had disappeared in some ways, but it was the only way she knew how to cope with everything-shutting herself off, focusing on what needed to be done instead of what she was feeling.

Her chest tightened, but she quickly shoved the feelings down, refusing to acknowledge any of it.

"Jho." Someone spoke beside her na hindi n'ya agad napansin.

She saw Stacey holding a paper with a shocked expression.

And by that, she knew that Stacey heard everything.

Jhoanna fixed herself.

"Go tell your friend na buhay si Mikha." She said coldly at pumasok ulit sa opisina n'ya.