Chapter 19

**Heidi's POV - The Weight of Worry**

It had been two months since we began planning to take down the Banshee crew, and today was the day. My heart raced as I paced back and forth, anxiety gnawing at me. I wasn't allowed to participate in this mission, and the idea of Isabella and her family out there without me felt unbearable. I could only imagine the danger they were facing.

Stay focused, Heidi, I whispered to myself, trying to shake off the fear that threatened to overwhelm me. My love for Isabella burned brightly within me, but so did the worry. What if something went wrong? What if they needed me? I felt helpless, knowing I couldn't be there to protect her.

---

**Isabella's POV - The Chaos of Battle**

Adrenaline surged through my veins as I moved stealthily through the dimly lit warehouse, my pulse quickening with each step. My heart was pounding, not just from the thrill of the mission, but from the weight of fear for my family and Heidi. I had to prove myself today—this was our chance to end the Banshee crew once and for all.

Gunfire erupted around us, and I ducked behind a crate, my breathing ragged. "Stay sharp!" Carlos shouted, his voice a steady anchor amidst the chaos. I could see the determination etched on his face, but I could also see the worry for me.

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through my shoulder, and I cried out, collapsing to the ground. "Isabella!" Carlos's voice broke through the noise, filled with fear. I could hear him yelling for help, but all I felt was the searing pain and the blood pooling beneath me.

---

**Heidi's POV - The Need for Action**

Panic gripped me as I received a frantic call from Charlotte. "Heidi! It's Isabella! She's been shot!" I felt my heart drop. My instincts kicked in, and I knew I had to act fast. I'm coming! I shouted into the phone, adrenaline coursing through me.

As I tore out of the driveway in my Hellcat, the engine roared to life with a feral growl that matched the chaos swirling in my heart. My mind was a tempest of anger and fear, thoughts of Isabella driving me forward like a bullet. I had seen pain before—had inflicted pain before—but this was different. This was my love, my life, and I would do anything to protect her.

With every turn of the wheel, I felt the darkness inside me bubbling to the surface. I was no stranger to violence; I had walked that path before. But now, it wasn't just about survival; it was about vengeance. The Banshee crew had to pay for what they were doing to my Isabella. They would feel the full weight of my wrath.

---

**Isabella's POV - The Pain of Injury**

As I lay on the cold, hard ground, the world around me spun in and out of focus. I could hear the gunfire echoing in the warehouse, a cacophony of chaos. Carlos knelt beside me, his hands frantically applying pressure to my wound, but all I could think about was Heidi. Where is she? I gasped, the pain shooting through me like a lightning bolt.

"Help is coming! Just hold on!" Carlos shouted, his voice filled with panic. I could see the fear in his eyes, and I knew he regretted not allowing Heidi to come with us. He had thought he was protecting me, but now he was losing me, and it was tearing him apart.

---

**Heidi's POV - The Kill Switch Activated**

As I approached the warehouse, I could feel my instincts sharpening. I parked the Hellcat, barely allowing it to come to a complete stop before I was out of the car, weapon drawn. I advanced toward the entrance, my heart pounding with purpose.