Chapter 22

Heidi's POV

I arrived at Hazel's house to pick Isabella up, my heart pounding with a mix of anticipation and dread. I beeped my horn, waiting for my lover. To my surprise, she came out quickly, looking suspiciously anxious. I took a deep breath as she got in the car and let it out slowly, trying to steady my nerves. My phone was on the console, and I couldn't help but glance at it, half-expecting another message from Hazel.

"Hey, babe," Isabella said, leaning over to kiss my cheek. "Thanks for picking me up."

No problem, I replied, forcing a smile. How was the meeting?

Isabella's POV

I sighed, leaning back in my seat as Heidi pulled away from Hazel's house. It was fine, I guess, I said, my voice tinged with frustration. But Hazel was glued to her phone half the time. It was really annoying.

Heidi's POV

I felt a wave of nervousness wash over me as I reached for my phone, my fingers trembling slightly. What was she doing on her phone? I asked, trying to keep my voice casual.

Isabella's POV

She said it was personal stuff, but I don't know, i  replied, my brow furrowing. It felt like she was hiding something. She kept looking at her phone and then back at me, like she was waiting for something.

Heidi's POV

My heart pounded as I unlocked my phone, the screen lighting up with Hazel's latest message. I took a deep breath, steeling myself for what I had to do. Isabella, there's something I need to tell you, I said, my voice shaking slightly.

Isabella's POV

I turned to look at Heidi, my heart sinking at the nervousness in her voice. What is it? I asked, my stomach twisting with anxiety.

Heidi's POV

I handed Isabella my phone, showing her the string of flirtatious messages from Hazel. She's been texting me these... disgusting messages, I explained, my voice trembling. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to cause any problems, but I can't keep this from you anymore.

Isabella's POV

I felt a surge of anger as I read the messages, my hands shaking with rage. That bitch, I muttered, my voice low and dangerous. But then I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. It's just texting, though. Nothing more, right?

she nodded,her heart aching at the hurt in my eyes. "I swear, Isabella. It's just texting. I've never responded to her, and I never will. You're the only one I want. The only one I love."

Isabella's POV

I felt my anger start to web away, replaced by a deep sense of relief. I believe you, Heidi, I said softly, reaching out to take her hand. But we need to deal with this. Hazel can't keep doing this.

Heidi's POV

I nodded, feeling a sense of determination wash over me. We'll deal with it together, I promised. I'm loyal to you, Isabella. Only you.

As soon as we stepped inside the condo, the door barely closed behind us, I pulled Isabella into a fierce, hungry kiss. My hands roamed over her body with a desperate need, my fingers digging into her hips as I pressed her against the wall. The intensity of my desire surged through me.

I need you, I growled against her lips, my voice thick with raw desire.

Isabella's POV

I moaned loudly, my body responding eagerly to Heidi's touch. My fingers tangled in her hair, pulling her closer as I kissed her back with equal hunger. Then take me, I whispered breathlessly, my voice trembling with anticipation.