chapter 30

---

**Chapter: Healing Wounds**

**Heidi's POV**

I haven't seen Isabella in a while. I've lost track of the days I've been here. My mother and father have stopped by every evening to check on me, their faces etched with worry and sorrow. My wounds have been getting better, but my headspace remains forever dark. The life in my heart has drifted away; my soul is dark. My soul is gone.

I feel alone. I feel like I deserved to die. I wanted to die, actually. I didn't want to pull through. I wanted to let go of all the pain I felt inside. The darkness still whispers to me, telling me I should have let go, that everyone would be better off without me.

**Isabella's POV**

I walked down the sterile hospital hallway, my heart pounding in my chest. I had finally convinced my parents to let me see Heidi. The fear and anticipation were almost too much to bear. I needed to see her, to hold her, to tell her how much I loved her.

As I entered Heidi's room, I saw her lying there, asleep. Her face was pale, her eyes closed, but she was breathing. She was alive. I walked over to her, my hands trembling, and gently took her hand in mine.

"Heidi," I whispered, my voice breaking. "I'm here."

**Heidi's POV**

Even in my sleep, I could feel a warmth, a presence that was both familiar and comforting. It was as if a part of my heart that had been missing was suddenly returned.

**Isabella's POV**

I sat beside her, holding her hand and watching her sleep. She looked so fragile, so different from the strong, fearless woman I knew. My heart ached for her, for the pain she must be feeling.

"I love you, Heidi," I whispered, my voice trembling. "I know we've been through so much, but I still love you with everything in me."

I leaned down and kissed her forehead, my tears falling onto her skin. "Please, come back to me," I whispered. "I need you."

**Heidi's POV**

The warmth grew stronger, and I felt a soft touch on my forehead. My eyes fluttered open, and I saw Isabella sitting beside me, her eyes filled with tears.

"Isabella," I whispered, my voice weak. "You're here."

**Isabella's POV**

Her eyes were open, but they were different. The spark that used to light them up was gone, replaced by a cold, black emptiness. My heart broke at the sight.

"I'm here," I said, my voice trembling. "I'm here, Heidi."

**Heidi's POV**

Seeing Isabella brought a flood of emotions. I wanted to reach out to her, to tell her how much I missed her, but the darkness inside me held me back.

"I didn't want to pull through," I whispered, my voice filled with pain. "I wanted to let go."

**Isabella's POV**

Her words hit me like a punch to the gut. "No, Heidi," I said, my voice breaking. "You're here for a reason. You're here because you're strong. Because you have people who love you."

"I feel so alone," Heidi whispered, her eyes filled with tears. "I feel like I deserved to die."

"You're not alone," I said, squeezing her hand. "I'm here. I love you, Heidi. I've always loved you."

**Heidi's POV**

Her words were like a balm to my wounded soul. I wanted to believe her, to hold on to the love she was offering, but the darkness was so strong.