Chapter 23

Four days Before the Business Trip

Carlos's POV

Carlos stood at the head of the long conference table, looking out over the room filled with both his crew and Marlow's. The merger of their families' operations had been a strategic move, one that promised to solidify their power and influence. He glanced at Marlow, who nodded in agreement, a silent understanding passing between them.

Alright, everyone,Carlos began, his voice commanding yet warm. We've come a long way to get here. This alliance is not just about business; it's about family.

Marlow's POV

Marlow looked around the room, his eyes landing on his wife, Veta, who gave him a reassuring smile. He then looked at his daughter, Heidi, who was seated next to Isabella. Their relationship was no secret, and Marlow was grateful for the love and support they found in each other. Carlos is right, Marlow added. Together, we're stronger. Let's make sure we keep it that way.

Veta's POV

Veta watched the interaction between the two patriarchs with pride. She knew how much this alliance meant to both families. Her eyes drifted to Heidi and Isabella, who were holding hands under the table. Despite the dangers of their world, love had a way of finding its place. We're all here to support each other, she said, her voice soft but firm. That's what family does.

Charlotte's POV

Charlotte smiled at her daughter, Isabella, and then at Heidi. She was happy to see them so close, so in love. Let's not forget, she chimed in, that our strength lies in our unity. We're not just business partners; we're family.

Heidi's POV

Heidi felt a swell of emotion as she listened to their parents speak. She squeezed Isabella's hand, feeling a sense of belonging and support. We're lucky to have each other, she whispered to Isabella, her voice filled with love.

Isabella's POV

Isabella looked at Heidi, her heart full. Yeah, we are, she whispered back, her eyes shining with affection. She knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together.

---

Heidi's Condo

Heidi's POV

Heidi's condo was bathed in the soft glow of candlelight, the scent of lavender filling the air. She and Isabella had just returned from a late-night meeting, and the tension of the day melted away as they entered their private sanctuary. Heidi pulled Isabella into a passionate kiss, her hands roaming over her lover's body.

Isabella's POV

Isabella responded eagerly, her hands tangling in Heidi's hair as they stumbled toward the bedroom. The world outside ceased to exist as they lost themselves in each other. Isabella's heart raced as Heidi's touch ignited a fire within her, their bodies pressing together in a heated embrace.

Heidi's POV

Heidi's lips trailed down Isabella's neck, her hands deftly unbuttoning Isabella's shirt. She kissed the exposed skin, her breath hot against Isabella's collarbone. I love you, she whispered, her voice husky with desire.

Isabella moaned softly, her fingers digging into Heidi's back. "I love you too," she breathed, her voice trembling with anticipation. She felt Heidi's hands slide under her waistband, the touch sending shivers down her spine.

Isabellas pov

Heidi's movements were both urgent and tender as she undressed Isabella, her hands exploring every inch of her lover's body. She guided Isabella to the bed, their lips never parting. "You're everything to me," Heidi murmured between kisses, her heart swelling with love.