EVELYN / CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

Ten months later . . .

It's graduation day.

Well, Hunter's graduating. Not me. I still have at least three years at this place but thanks to Hunter's father, he's gotten me access to study online. Even though I literally told Hunter I enjoyed going to class but he insisted it would be easier to keep an eye on me this way.

More like, it'd be easier for him to keep his hands on me. He can be quite distracting when I'm trying to study.

The sun shines brightly on the pristine campus lawn, where the college's graduation ceremony is in full swing. A sea of proud faces and colorful caps and gowns fill the space, with the sound of applause and cheers echoing through the air. At the center of it all is a grand stage draped in the college's colors, adorned with elegant floral arrangements and a banner proclaiming "Congratulations, Class of 2024!"

Vinnie is also graduating today. I don't even know what he was studying but there he is, up on that stage, accepting his diploma and acting like he owns the place. The dean shakes his hand, congratulating him as he hands over his diploma. Vinnie clutches it in his hand, raising his other hand in the air in the shape of a fist as he cheers, followed by applause from the crowd.

"THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND!" Ysabelle shouts, rising from her seat next to me as she jumps up and down, clapping her hands together excitedly. "GO, BABY!"

A bunch of hushed voices mumble some words of profanity, looking behind them at Ysabelle with disapproving faces.

"Have you lot got a fuckin' problem?" She hisses. "Do you forget who's on that stage right now?" They quickly divert their eyes back to the stage, minding their business.

Ava and I laugh. "Some things never change." Ava comments, reading through her graduation pamphlet. I don't even know why she has that, she only knows like two people graduating. But then again, Ava is a social media diva, she probably knows more people than we do.

Vinnie blows a kiss into the crowd, aiming for Ysabelle who clutches her hand in the air as if she's catching his kiss. Ava groans, covering her face with the opened pamphlet. "You guys are so cringey."

Ysabelle smirks, proud of herself as she takes her seat again. "Xavier. You hearing this?"

Xavier's head flings up, his hand caressing Ava's thigh while his other hand quickly shoves his phone into the pocket of his jeans. "What? Oh yeah."

Xavier and Ava rekindled their relationship. It took them months or more so, Ava months of convincing Xavier that they were actually together at one stage in their life. Sometimes I think Xavier just gave in so Ava would stop pestering him. Their relationship has been so weird and rocky. It also doesn't help that Xavier is always typing away on his phone whenever he's around us with Ava, not even paying her any attention.

Honestly, she deserves better than that ass.

Ava smiles from the simple interaction on her thigh, placing her hand over his. I can't tell if she's oblivious to what Xavier is doing or if she just chooses to ignore it, not wanting to ruin the relationship. It's so obvious she's falling head over heels for Xavier and for some reason, I just don't believe he feels the same. But Ava refuses to listen to us.

I'm brought back to reality when Hunter's name is called over the microphone. He rises in his seat, dressed in his red gown and cap and boy, does he look fuckin' good. My pussy flutters just from the sight of him.

He strides over towards the dean, giving him a firm handshake as the dean congratulates him, just as he did Vinnie, placing the diploma in his hands.

"YOU GO, BABY! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!" I shout, quickly rising from my seat as I clap my hands profusely. Hunter catches me in the crowd almost immediately, a sly grin forming on his face as he watches me. Ysabelle giggles besides me before she stands up and joins me, giving Hunter her own round of applause.