EVELYN / CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

I barely make it through the door to our apartment when Ava and Ysabelle jump in my face, screaming. "We have another party tonight!" Ava squeals with so much excitement that I can already tell pre drinks have started. I look up at the analog clock that sits perched on the wall above the archway and groan. It's barely 5 o'clock.

I sigh, closing the door behind me and begin mentally preparing myself for tonight. "I know. Hunter is picking me up later."

Ysabelle and Ava squeal at the mention of his name. I didn't realise they were fans of him.

"Perfect! Vinnie is picking Ava and I up later as well! This is going to be so much fun!" Ysabelle expresses as if tonight is going to be the best night of her life.

They turn around and begin to walk towards the kitchen, probably to make more drinks.

I hear Ysabelle mention a boy by the name of Xavier to Ava.

"Do you think he's cute?" is the last thing I hear Ysabelle say before their voices disappear. I roll my eyes.

Ysabelle has been trying to get Ava a boyfriend ever since her last break up almost threw her over the edge. They were together since high school. Total high school sweethearts. Up until he graduated and went off to college first. They tried to do a long distance relationship and it was going well, only later to find out he cheated on her at his first college party. I shudder at the thought of the past. Ava was in such a dark place back then. I'd do anything to not let her experience that ever again.

I open the door to my room and chuck my backpack onto my chair before I head towards my bed and slump down on it, sprawling my arms out as my feet hang off the side.

Parties honestly terrify me. Huge sweaty crowds filled with horny teenagers, the loud music that leaves my ears ringing and  the risk of people drugging your drinks and taking advantage of you.

My thoughts linger back to the first party with Hunter. He didn't even need to drug me to take advantage of me. Add that to my reasons for why I hate parties too.

"Special delivery!" Ysabelle squeals, swinging through the doorframe. Her speech is almost on the verge of slurring already as her and Ava waltz into my room with cocktails. We haven't even started to get ready yet and these bitches are already drunk.

As soon as I sit up on my bed, I can't help but smile as I take the drink from Ysabelle's hand. At least I know the night will be better with them around.

"Do you wanna borrow something of mine again?" Ava asks, sipping on her cocktail. She sounds a tad bit more sober than Ysabelle.

"Sure." I smile. The thought of dressing up just to see that lustful look on Hunter's face gives me such a thrill. I enjoy seeing him look at me like I'm the only thing in his world.

"Yay!" Ava squeals before exiting out of my room, assuming she's on her way to raid her wardrobe for her most skimpiest outfit for me. She returns in less than a minute with the sluttiest two piece outfit I've ever seen. "It's time." She grins at me.

° °

I might of went all out but fuck it. I'm standing in front of the mirror, trying to get comfortable with the girl standing right before me. I barely recognise myself.

The outfit Ava gave me is a matching metallic baby pink corset top and mini skirt that she designed herself. She says its one of her favourite pieces and is only allowed to be worn for special occasions. Apparently, that happens to be tonight. I couldn't help but feel so honoured when Ava let me wear it.