EVELYN / CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

I frantically search my skirt pocket for my phone. Once I retrieve it, I shoot the group chat a message.

Evelyn: Where are you, guys? Are you okay? What's going on?

Ysabelle: FUCK NO! Blake just showed up and he's acting like a fuckin' psycho!

Ava: They're out the front of the mansion with Vinnie. He told us to stay inside.

Fuck this. I throw my phone back into my pocket and make my way out of Hunter's room.

I walk down the hallway, back to the stairs. The loud music has stopped and the sweaty horny bodies from before have disappeared. The mansion looks deserted, apart from Ava and Ysabelle who are cuddled up together on the couch, looking out the window at I assume is the chaos outside.

I descend the staircase and head towards them. Their attention almost instantly shifts to me as I get to the couch. "EVIE!"

"Why the fuck is Blake here?" I hissed.

"Do you want a matching black eye or something, cunt? Get the fuck out of here." Vinnie shouts, shoving Blake.

"Oh, shit." Ysabelle whispers. "I can't just sit here and watch this shit." Ysabelle rises from the couch, making her way towards the door.

"Izzy, stop!" Ava shouts as she follows her. I do the same until we're all standing in the doorway.

Hunter has his arms crossed, trying to keep the situation under control. Xavier is running his hand through his hair, looking like he's losing 30 years off his life from the conflict. Vinnie forms fists at his sides, as if he's trying to hold himself back from beating Blake to death.

"Where's that stupid skank Ysabelle?" Blake hisses.

"What the fuck did he just call me?" Ysabelle huffs as she takes a step outside towards their direction but Ava and I tug her back, trying to keep them from noticing us. Hunter would kill me if he found out I didn't listen to him.

"Don't, Izzy." Ava and I whisper. We all gasp when Vinnie punches Blake in the fucking face.

Vinnie throws a savage punch, causing Blake's head to fling to the side. Blood flies out of his nose as Blake scoffs. Hunter intervenes, pulling Vinnie back. "Enough of this shit." Hunter says calmly. How is he so calm and collected right now?

"Don't you fuckin' talk about her like that again if you know what's fuckin' good for you, dipshit." Vinnie snapped, spitting in Blake's direction.

Blake looks up, wiping his nose. "Or what?" He scoffs, a haunting grin forms on his face. He looks like something you'd see in a fucking horror movie.

Vinnie glares Blake down. Jayden stands there, watching the whole situation unfold. He looks almost as useless as he did when he was touring me around campus.

"Don't fucking push me, Blake." Vinnie warns.

"Aww. Are you afraid Ysabelle will find out the truth about you?" He teases, flashing his bloody teeth with that haunting grin again.

"What the fuck is he talking about, Vinnie?" Ysabelle shouts, causing the whole group of them to stare in her direction.

Hunter's eyes land on mine. A look of betrayal spreads across his face. It's a look I never want to see on his face again when he stares at me. I break eye contact first when I look down at my feet. I can't look at him right now.

Vinnie curses under his breath when he notices Ysabelle. Blake chuckles at the chaos he's unfolding right in front of him.

"Oh, he didn't tell you?" Blake taunts, glaring in our direction.