HUNTER / CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

"That stupid fuckin' Autumn Fest is on tonight." Vinnie scoffed with his head in his phone, typing away strenuously. "Ysabelle just asked me to go." He raises his brows, looking at me over his phone.

"She's probably just trying to do something sweet for your birthday tomorrow." Xavier says, drawing Vinnie's attention to him.

Vinnie scoffs again, sliding his phone back into the pocket of his jeans. "She could've just stacked donuts on it if she wanted to be sweet."

I chuckle with a shake of the head as Xavier grunts with disapproval, rising from his seat across from Vinnie. "Do you ever not think about your dick?"

"Ava's prude-ness is rubbing off on you, mate." Vinnie teases, folding his arms over his chest as he leans back into the couch, adjusting his legs until they're crossed at the ankles in front of him. "Ysabelle would suck my dick for the rest of her life if she could. She's a freak like that."

The sound of footsteps descending the staircase echoes to the side of us before Arlo shouts out to us, "Who's a freak?" Arlo strides over towards us, taking a seat next to Vinnie.

"Arlo, man. Forgot you were staying here with us!" Vinnie chuckles, wrapping his arm around Arlo's shoulders, tackling him.

"How the fuck do you forget about this shit stirrer staying here?" I scoffed in disbelief. Arlo is the most annoying piece of shit around here. He doesn't even wash his own fuckin' dishes. 

Arlo manages to break free of Vinnie's hold, shoving him as a joke. "I'll have you know, I have been a good boy." Arlo smirks, winking at Vinnie who's staring at him with a skeptical look upon his face. I wouldn't believe that shit either.

Xavier clears his throat awkwardly before he makes up some lame excuse about where he needs to be then proceeds to leave the room like his ass is on fire. I shake my head at the fuckin' poofter.

"You riled up my girl, mate. She didn't take that lightly." Vinnie scoffed, raising a brow at Arlo.

"What can I say? I love a smart mouth." He teases, replacing Vinnie's smirk with a stern look of jealousy.

"Watch yourself. She's off limits." Vinnie warns.

"I'm just playing, bro." Arlo grins, wrapping his arm around Vinnie as he slaps him on the shoulder. "Wouldn't do that shit to you."

I clear my throat loudly, drawing their attention to me. "Did you forget about the little incident with Claudia?" I ask, raising a brow.

"Hey. I was only doing you a favour. That bitch is fuckin' insane." Arlo says as he leans back into the couch with his arms resting on the back of it.

I raise my hands in surrender as I shake my head. "You're right." I agree, chuckling.

"You fellas want to go do something?" Arlo asks, shifting his attention back and forth between Vinnie and I.

"Can't. We're being dragged to Autumn Fest." Vinnie sighs, his lips thinning as he shrugs his shoulders.

"We?" I ask, my brows furrowing. Fuckin' news to me.

"Fuck yeah 'we'. You think I'm going to this shit alone?" Vinnie scoffed, his attention landing on me.

"I'll go with you, mate." Arlo chuckles, slapping a hand over Vinnie's chest before Arlo rises from his seat.

"You know, Evelyn and Ava are going too, right?" Vinnie says, following Arlo before they tower over me. Why didn't Evelyn ask me to go?

Then it dawns on me. I haven't checked my fuckin' phone for a good fuckin' minute. I curse under my breath, frantically searching my jean pockets for my phone before pulling it out.