HUNTER / CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Ysabelle chose this local diner in our town. She says she loves the feeling of the retro-ness and how it makes her feel like she's in her favourite show, Riverdale. How could anyone's favourite show be Riverdale?

Vinnie and Ysabelle are seated opposite us in the booth, bickering about how waffles are better than pancakes or in Ysabelle's case - she thinks pancakes are better. Her inner lawyer is really starting to show. I've never seen someone so passionate about pancakes before.

My attention shifts to Evelyn who's been looking through the menu for a while. I place my hand on her thigh and give it a little squeeze. I feel her legs fidgeting under the table as she turns her gaze to me and shoots me a soft smile.

"Are you guys ready to order?" Ysabelle blurts out, looking back and forth between Evelyn and I.

Evelyn shifts in her seat and looks back down at the menu. "Uh, yeah." She clears her throat awkwardly, quickly having another skim of the menu. "Can I just get a strawberry milkshake?"

Ysabelle stares at her for a minute before looking at me.

"I'll have the same." I meet her gaze with a smile.

"Are you guys serious? You're not going to eat?" Ysabelle asks before rolling her eyes. "Whatever. We'll be back."

She gestures for Vinnie to slide out of the booth as she follows behind him and they both walk towards the front counter, hand in hand.

I keep my hand on Evelyn's thigh, slowly caressing her leg. It's like her leg is having a spasm with how much she's fidgeting. Why is she so nervous?

"Not hungry?" I whispered.

"Not particularly." She places the menu back down and watches my hand on her leg as her fidgeting slowly comes to a halt.

"As much as I love seeing you crumble around me, you can relax." I whispered against her ear and I can feel her flinching at my words.

She's just as sensitive to my words and touch as I am to hers. I can feel my cock tightening against my jeans yet again. It's a daily occurrence with this woman. I shift in my seat, trying to relieve myself from my hard on.

Evelyn clears her throat once again before Vinnie and Ysabelle are heading back to the booth. She places the table number down and slides back into the booth with Vinnie.

"What did you guys order?" Evelyn asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well, I got the maple pancakes and he.." She points at him with her thumb. "He got the bloody waffles. Men have no taste, I tell ya." Evelyn giggles at her comment.

"Oh yeah, I have no taste, huh?" Vinnie asks, smirking as he wraps an arm around Ysabelle's shoulders, pulling her body closer to his.

She giggles as she cuddles into his side. "Totally."

Vinnie lays a gentle peck on her lips, which quickly turns into a full blown sesh. It's actually fucking disgusting. He's become so sappy for her.

Evelyn rolls her eyes and looks down at her hands, fidgeting with her fingers.

The sound of the bell above the door rings indicating someone is entering the diner. My vision locks on the two men walking in who happen to be none other than Blake and Jayden.

A smirk forms at my lips from the busted eye Vinnie gave him.

I can feel Evelyn adjust in her seat as she whispers Ysabelle's name to try and get her attention, gently kicking her from under the table.

Ysabelle and Vinnie pull away from each other, "What, Evie?" Ysabelle lets out a frustrated sigh, almost like she's annoyed from the loss of touch from Vinnie.