HUNTER / CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Blake is finally back at school after we held him hostage for a few days. Apparently cutting off one of his fingers wasn't enough for him to listen since he's still making ballsy threats. This cunt must have severe death wish.

The worse part of it all is he kept me from seeing Evelyn for a few nights. I couldn't miss out on torturing that fucker.

At least I got to see her last night. My obsession for her is growing way too fucking fast and it's only been a couple of weeks.

I'm sitting in the cafeteria with Vinnie and Xavier. Xavier has no idea what Vinnie and I did to Blake. He just thinks Blake got into some freak accident which is what we told Blake to tell everyone if they asked what happened to him. I'm surprised that was the part he actually listened to.

I catch sight of Ysabelle walking towards the table with her friend Ava. Why isn't Evelyn with them?

Disappointment fuels me and I have to fight the urge not to hunt her down and ask her why she's so fucking scared to be seen with me at school.

"Hey, babe." Ysabelle places her hand on Vinnie's shoulder. He rushes to put his phone away and looks up to her with a smile. I notice a sense of worry on her face when her brows furrow at how fast Vinnie puts his phone away.

Her face immediately replaced with a grin when he says, "Hey there, beautiful." He gestures her to take a seat on his lap and she does exactly that.

Ava is standing awkwardly, unsure if she should stay or walk away.

"Where's Evelyn?" I ask. My voice comes out more stern than I intended.

Ava flinches at the sound of my voice as she looks in my direction. "Library. She's got a lot of studying to catch up on."

"You can take a seat, Ava. We don't bite." Vinnie teases and winks at her. Ysabelle slaps him on the chest, as if she's jealous.

"Take mine. I got shit to do." I rise from my seat, running a hand through my hair as I pick up my bag.

Xavier stares at me as I rise from the table. He's about to open his mouth to say something but instantly closes it when Ava takes the seat next to him.

Xavier has never been good with the ladies. He's shy and quiet just like Evelyn. The resemblance is uncanny sometimes. There's always time to start getting out of that comfort zone, which is also my goal with Evelyn. The thought alone makes me smile at how well she's going to bend and break for me.

I slap a hand on Xavier's back. "Behave while I'm gone." I say to Xavier even though my eyes zero in on Vinnie.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm not your bitch." Vinnie scoffs, wrapping his arms around Ysabelle's waist to pull her closer. The way Ysabelle leans into his touch, almost grinding on his lap is making me cringe but also a tad bit jealous. My mind races with thoughts of Evelyn on my lap and how much I wish that vision was fuckin' real.

I need to get out of here before everyone sees my hard on growing.

I scoff at Vinnie's response with a shake of the head before I leave the table to make my way towards the library.

° °

I walk through the entrance of the library and search my surroundings for a familiar brunette. My eyes instantly catch sight of her sitting in the corner of the library. I love that she's always out of view of everyone else but me.

I walk towards her with long strides before I stop directly behind her at the table. She doesn't notice me at first and I can hear the soft music coming from her AirPods. A grin tugs on my lips as I decide to take advantage of the situation.

I pull her hair aside to reveal her bare shoulder. She's wearing a strapless tank top that have her breasts sitting so upright and perky that I have the resist the urge not to tug it down and feel how perfect they'll fit in my hand. She's been dressing more confidently lately and I can't help but think I'm the reason for that.

Evelyn flinches and frantically pulls her AirPods out of her ears before turning around to look up at me. "What the hell are you doing?" She hisses breathlessly. I can't tell if she's frightened or turned on.

"Just coming to see you." I smile down at her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

She begins to relax, almost like she feels safe just from the touch of my hands. The thought of that tugs on the little strings of my black heart. I've never felt that with anyone else. Not until her.

I make my way to sit on the chair directly opposite her. "Xavier is throwing another party at the mansion tonight. You'll be coming with me." I say as more of a demand as I lean back in this fuckin' uncomfortable library chair, placing my hands behind my head.

"Can't." She gestures to books in front of her. "I'm busy."

My hands fall from behind my head as I lean forward on the table, getting close enough to whisper to her.

"I wasn't asking." I warn. "Also, if you want to pass the exams, just say the words and I'll make it happen, sweetheart." I wink.

Her lips part as she hisses at me. "That's completely unfair to the other students!"

I look around the library at these nobodies, as if I give a fuck about anyone that isn't her.

"Either way, you will be at the party tonight. Even if I have to drag you out by your hair." I say it as a more of promise than a threat.

My eyes fall upon her lips where she's softly nibbling on her bottom lip. The sight before me is enough to make my cock grow thicker in my jeans. She must be more deranged than I am.

"Stop biting your lip." I warn.

She releases her bottom lip as she mumbles, "Sorry."

I rise from the seat and walk towards her again, leaning down to kiss the top of her head. "See you tonight, baby. I'll pick you up at 7."

I can hear her release an annoyed huff as I walk away. I can't help but grin at how much I'm driving her crazy.