HUNTER / CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

The front door of the mansion flings open causing a loud thud on the wall beside it which causes Vinnie and I to snap our heads up.

Xavier walks through, throwing his hands in the air. "What the fuck did you do to Blake?" He snaps with an angering tone that almost gives me goosebumps. Xavier has never raised his voice before.

Vinnie and I look at each other before turning our focus back to Xavier.

"Who's Blake again?" Vinnie asks calmly, shifting his attention back to his phone to scroll through pointless Instagram posts.

"Oh, I don't know. The bloke you beat the fuck out of after my party?" Xavier snaps again. I've never seen someone who's allergic to violence lose his cool before.

Vinnie smirks. "Just gave him a black eye, nothing special." His fingers begin to type on his phone, ignoring Xavier's presence.

Xavier storms over to the couch we're both sitting on and pulls Vinnie up by his collar.

"Woah there, cowboy." Vinnie says calmly. He pushes Xavier off him and Xavier releases his collar with a huff.

"Enough." I say firmly, rising from the couch.

"You're stressing over nothing, Xavier. And Vinnie, for the love of God, keep your dick in your pants." I say, looking back and forth at both of them. I feel like a dad trying to break up a fight between his two children right now.

"Hey man, she wanted me first." He smirks, raising his hands as a surrender. "She still does. It's going to plan, is it not?" Vinnie waves his phone in our faces as I focus on the name on the screen.

Ysabelle.

"You're fucking disgusting, Vinnie." Xavier says with a disgusted look stained upon his face before he heads for the stairs.

My gaze locks on him, waiting for Xavier to disappear upstairs before I say anything to this dumbass.

"You know, Vinnie. When I said to have a little fun, I didn't mean to actually sleep with the girl." I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Can't help myself." Vinnie chuckles. "I'm actually on the way to meet her to grab lunch." Vinnie glares at me for a second before he continues speaking. "And I think your little snowflake is with her right now."

A grin slowly forms on my face. "Is that so?" I ask.

"Yeah, mate. Fancy tagging along with me?" Vinnie winks, a grin slowly staining his face now.

"I'd love to."

° °

I can't control the smirk on my face as I look at Evelyn from across the park. She spots me almost instantly and shifts nervously where she's seated. The small interaction doing something to me inside. I love that I'm the only one who can steal her attention and leave her all hot and bothered.

Vinnie and I walk in long strides towards the girls sitting on the large fountain, Evelyn's eyes never leaving mine. I stop right in front of her, looking down at her. She finally breaks eye contact and looks down, fiddling with the zipper on her bag.

"Hii!" Ysabelle says excitedly as she stands on the fountain's edge. Vinnie wraps his arms around her thighs, just under her bum and picks her up - spinning her gently before setting her back on the ground, pulling her in for a tight hug

I fight the urge to vomit right in front of them. I've never been one of those hopeless romantic guys. My girl will endure pain with her pleasure. She will bend and break for me while also enjoying every second of it. None of that sappy, vanilla shit.

I'm pulled away from my thoughts when I hear a familiar soft voice. A voice I'd love to hear scream my name.

"Right, well. Ava and I have somewhere to be." She says, almost nervously as she stands up and drags Ava up with her. "Umm, we do?" Ava whispers against her ear, loud enough for me to hear.

My eyes lock on hers again. I love how hard she's trying to stand her ground but she's still so nervous around me.

"Actually, we have somewhere to be." I say, firmly. She's not getting away from me that easily.

"Who are you exactly?" Ava blurts out with a little too much attitude.

WHO am I? The sound of her voice with that question pisses me off.

I wrap an arm around Evelyn's waist and slam her to my side. "Her boyfriend." I say, my tone more stern.

Evelyn goes to say something but clams her mouth shut when I pinch her side. That mouth of hers is gonna get her into trouble. She looks at Ava with a smile and nods.

"Damn girl! We've been at college for less than a month and you've already got a boyfriend?!" She claps her hands together and smiles.

"It's still pretty new.." I hear Evelyn mumble. I grip my hand on her waist tighter as I turn my gaze towards Vinnie and Ysabelle who are currently eating each others faces like wild animals who haven't been fed for eternity. Ava clears her throat loudly to draw their attention to her.

"Can you guys do that somewhere else? A room, maybe, perhaps?" She says with a fake smile before she turns her gaze back to us.

"I'm gonna head off. It seems you lot are busy." She drapes her bag over her shoulder. "I'll see you later." She puts her arms out to give Evelyn a hug. Evelyn returns it with a smile.

"See you at home." Evelyn assures her.

Ava rolls her eyes at Ysabelle and Vinnie as Ysabelle sends a wave in Ava's direction, continuing to eat Vinnie's face.

I feel a soft tap on my chest and I'm locking eyes with Evelyn again.

"Why are you here?" She folds her arms and raises an eyebrow as if she's expecting some lame excuse.

"For you, baby." I smile. She taps my chest again or in her attempt, a 'slap'.

"I'm not your baby and you're also not my boyfriend." She hissed.

As I said, that mouth will get her into trouble.

I lean down and whisper in her ear. "Never say never." I feel the goosebumps rise on her neck.

She's so sensitive to my words. It's adorable.

Ysabelle pulls away from Vinnie, muttering something about 'keeping it together'  before focusing her attention on us.

"Do you guys want to grab some food with us?" She asks, looking back and forth between Evelyn and me as she tucks her hair behind her ear.

"Yeah! It can be a double date." Vinnie chimes in, winking at Evelyn. The interaction alone is enough to make my blood boil.

Just what the fuck does Vinnie even think gives him the right to stare let alone wink at what's mine?

I think Evelyn can feel the rage radiating off me because she places her hand over mine on her waist, gently squeezing my hand. "We'd love to." She smiles at them both.

It's adorable and scary how just the touch of her hand is enough for me to relax. I'd give her the whole world at her feet if she asked.