HUNTER / CHAPTER FIVE

I was ready to wreak havoc after Claudia's little stunt yesterday. I've told her I'm no longer interested in what she has to offer and she still doesn't get it. That bitch showed up and lingered by my side like some crazy ex-girlfriend and Evelyn witnessed the whole thing. Good luck trying to explain that to her, mate.

The look on Evelyn's face is what got to me though. She looked like she was actually kind of hurt by the situation which pulled on my tiny little heartstrings. That look was enough to bring me back to campus for the second day in a row. Although her classes have finished for today, I still lingered around to get a gist of her daily routine.

So now here we are, following Evelyn down the local street to this café. A café that also happens to have cats inside.

Just the thought of any furry animal near my food is gross but I guess this is the lengths I have to go through if it's for her.

She stops at the entrance for a second and takes in a huge breath before she's walking through the door with some paper in her hands. I shift my focus to the 'We're hiring!' sign in the window and it clicks to me that she's applying for a job.

I chuckle to myself. It honestly doesn't surprise me that this would be something Evelyn would be interested in applying for.

I watch her through the massive windows and I can practically see the nervousness washing over her. She greets the hostess with a smile.

My eyes focus on the way her hands are shaking and gripping the piece of paper as if that's the only thing stopping her from having a nervous breakdown.

I've been resisting the urge to walk in there just so I can hear her voice again. The sound is so angelic that it would probably make Satan wish he was God.

She's giving the paper to the hostess before she smiles and starts walking towards the door. I take this as an opportunity for us to 'coincidentally' bump into each other, again.

Taking a few steps back, I wait for Evelyn to open the door and begin to walk forward, earning me a bump in the chest.

"Oops, sorry. I didn't see you ther-" Her words are cut off when she looks up at me. "H-hunter?" She mumbles.

"Oh, hey." I fold my arms over my chest and smile down at her. "Aren't you the girl who was trying to break into Professor Dickson's room yesterday?"

She stares up at me with her mouth opened before she clams it shut. I smirk at the thought of how much I want to fuck that pretty mouth.

"I'm just playing." I tease. That earns me a nervous giggle. The sound is so adorable, I wish I had it recorded so I could listen to it over and over again.

"Where's your girlfriend?" She asks innocently. The question has my brows furrowing with confusion before I realize she's talking about Claudia.

Wait, is she jealous?

"I don't have a girlfriend."

"So do you always just have random women hanging off of you?" The tone of her voice definitely indicates a tad bit of jealousy. I can't help but grin.

"Maybe I do, Snowflake. What's it to you?" I tease.

Her eyes almost bulge out of their sockets. "N-nothing! I was just asking." She snaps in a defensive tone.

Maybe she also realizes she's getting jealous over someone she has no right to be jealous of but I love it anyways.

I chuckle and shake my head. "I'm still playing with you. Do you want to grab something to eat with me?" I ask, a sense of relief radiating off of her. She's so adorable.