CHAPTER 33

"Kiss me, doll"

August froze at Lucian's command, her breath catching in her throat. The demand was as unexpected as it was terrifying, and for a moment, her mind went blank.

Lucian chuckled darkly, his eyes turning red with rage as his hand started to rise to teach her yet another brutal lesson in obedience. But before he could make a move, August stepped forward, closing the distance between them.

Her heart pounded in her chest as she reached up, wrapping her arms around his neck. She hesitated for a split second, then pressed her lips against his, the kiss more an act of survival than affection.

Lucian stilled, his body going rigid in shock. It was as if time had stopped, the world around them fading into nothingness. August could feel his breath hitch, his pulse racing beneath her fingertips. For a moment, she thought she might have miscalculated, that he would push her away or react with the cruelty she had come to expect.

But instead, she felt his arms snake around her waist, pulling her closer with a sudden intensity that took her breath away. The next thing she knew, she was being lifted off her feet and slammed against the wall—not with the violence she feared, but with a strange, unexpected gentleness. His hands moved to cup her cheeks, his grip firm but careful, as though he were afraid she might break under his touch.

Then his lips were on hers again, but this time with a passion that took her by surprise. The kiss was demanding, all-consuming, as if he were trying to devour her, to claim every part of her.

August's mind spun, her senses overwhelmed by the heat of his body, the taste of him, the way he held her so close that she could feel every beat of his heart.

Instinctively, her hands fisted his shirt. Lucian deepened the kiss, his tongue sweeping into her mouth with a fervor that left her breathless. It was a kiss meant to dominate, to control, and yet there was something else beneath it, something that felt almost desperate.

Lucian was lost in the moment, his usual cold, calculating demeanor shattered by the intensity of what he was feeling. For him, this was like nothing he had ever experienced—a drug, a high that he couldn't get enough of.

August was his, and the thought of it sent a thrill through him that he couldn't explain. He pressed her harder against the wall, his hands roaming over her body with a possessiveness that bordered on madness.

For August, the kiss was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. She felt like she was teetering on the edge of a huge cliff, torn between the need to protect herself and the realization that this might be the only way to keep Aiden safe.

Minutes passed, or maybe it was only seconds. Time had lost all meaning. When they finally broke apart, both of them were panting hard, their chests heaving as they tried to catch their breath. Lucian rested his forehead against hers, his eyes half-closed as he inhaled deeply, as if trying to memorize her scent, to burn the memory of this moment into his mind.

"You have me addicted," he whispered, his voice rough and laced with a rawness that sent a shiver down her spine. "Like no other drug in this universe could have."

August could barely comprehend his words, her mind still reeling from the intensity of the kiss, from the realization of what she had just done. Her hands trembled as she rested them against his chest, feeling the rapid beat of his heart beneath her palms. She felt like she had just sold her soul to the devil, and in a way, she had. But she also realized something else.

If her life was just a game to him and his brothers, then she would play along. Only now, she would be their opponent.

"You've made me happy, doll," Lucian continued, his breath still uneven. He lifted his head to look at her, his eyes gleaming with a mix of satisfaction and something darker, something more dangerous. "Tell the servant whatever you need for that little boy. I'll order him to get it for you."

August blinked up at him, her confusion evident. She hadn't mentioned anything about needing things for Aiden, not yet. How did he know?

Lucian's lips curved into a slow, predatory smile, as if reading her thoughts. He leaned in closer, his voice a low murmur against her ear as he caressed her now swollen lips with his thumb. "I know everything, August. Don't forget that. I know you like the back of my hand"

Her blood ran cold at his words, the implications of them sinking in. He had known all along, had been aware of her intentions even before she had voiced them. She wasn't just playing a game with him—he was orchestrating it, pulling the strings, controlling every move she made.

Lucian's voice was a razor-sharp edge as he issued his command. "Now for your own good, don't let me see your pretty face for the entire day today. If you dare, I'll fuck you right where I lay my eyes on you. Got it?"

August's eyes widened in fear, her heart racing. She nodded quickly, her mind struggling to process his threat.

Lucian leaned closer, his breath hot against her skin. "I'd prefer verbal answers, doll. Every time you're asked a question, it should come from your fuckable mouth—unless, of course, I've broken your jaw from my fist or my brutal fucking."

August's throat tightened, and she gulped. "Y-yes."

"Yes what, doll?" His voice was menacing, a dark amusement dancing in his eyes as he caressed her swollen lips with his thumb.

"Y-yes s-sir?" she stuttered, her confusion palpable.

Lucian chuckled darkly, the sound like gravel underfoot. "Well, I'd like to be referred to as that in bed, but call me Ian the rest of the time."

The color drained from August's face at his words. The casual cruelty of his command left her feeling hollow and exposed.

"Answer me again, doll." He tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, his closeness making her tremble uncontrollably.

"Y-yes, Ian," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

"Good girl." His voice softened as he patted her hair, a perverse semblance of affection in his touch. She was about to take walk away when his voice stopped her.

"Doll."

She froze, her hand hovering over the door. "Yes I-Ian?"

"Remember what I said. You belong to me and my brothers. There's no running from that. don't make me regret this. Never mistake my kindness for weakness. Don't make me doubt your loyalty. If you do, the consequences will be far worse than anything you can imagine. For both of you."

"Now leave."

August didn't need to be told twice. She fled from the room, her legs carrying her faster than she thought possible. The door slammed shut behind her, and she locked it with shaking hands as she threw herself into Aiden's room.

Date Published - 08/16/2024

❤️Vote & Comment❤️