Chapter - 8

A man entered into a small house with the baby in his hands and started calling for his wife.

Man: Lakshmi! Lakshmi!

Lakshmi: Arey why are you shouting like that. I am here only.

She came and saw the baby in his hands. Her eyes went wide in surprise. She immediately rushed to him and took the baby from his hands and started cradling  the baby in her arms.

Lakshmi: Whose baby is this Kiran?

Kiran: Our baby.

Lakshmi: What are you talking? You know this topic is sensitive to me. Don't joke around.

Kiran: This is our baby from today. I went to the town right. There I saw this baby on the side of the road all alone. She is crying. I went and searched for her parents, but no one is present there. People like us crave for a baby. But some people throw away this blessing. See Lakshmi, we can't have children and let's consider this baby as a gift from god for us.

Lakshmi: But her parents might have lost her also, they might be searching for her.

Kiran: I searched there. I asked few people there. But nothing came in positive.

He went close to Lakshmi and held the baby along with her. I may be selfish, but my heart is saying she is sent for us by the god. This baby completes us. Don't deny please.

Lakshmi thought for a while and accepted with her husband.

Lakshmi: But what will we say to the neighbors if they ask about the baby?

Kiran: I thought about it. But I got good news from the town for us. I got a job. But we have to move to Chennai for that. Let's move tonight and begin our new life.

Lakshmi: Chennai! It's very far from here.

Kiran: Yes! But we have nothing to lose here. Neither parents nor assets.

Lakshmi: You are right. Ok tell me what do we name her.

Kiran: How about Shivani?

Lakshmi happily nodded her head. Kiran took the baby and kissed her.

Kiran: Shivani! I promise you that Appa and Amma will always protect you. I may not be rich or have money. But I will give you everything in my capacity. Thank you for coming into our lives.

The baby was smiling looking at them.

In Sindhupur,

Once all the rituals are over. Raghav entered his room and saw Archana there. He immediately went and grabbed her throat.

Raghav: You devil! Atlast you won. Tell me are you behind this? Did you kill them.?

Archana: Raghav! What are you doing? Leave me. What are you doing? Will you kill me or what?

Raghav: Yes! I will kill you. A devil like you doesn't deserve to live.

She hardly pushed him and started coughing. She drank water and looked at it with fury.

Archana: you can kill me.But before that you should remember that I am the only person who knows where your daughter is. If you kill me you can never reach your daughter.

Raghav: Chi! I am disgusted by you.

Saying he left the room.

Author POV:

One person's greed has shattered many lives around her.

Rudra, who longed for father's love now hates that person. A child who should have a happy family is growing up seeing his mother being everything to him hiding all her pains for him.

Meera, who has seen many dreams with Raghav could not end up with him. But has to bear the consequences of his helplessness.

Raghav stood helpless for his daughter. Though he knew the truth. He stared living in guilt and angry with himself for not being able to protect anybody. Neither his love nor his friend. He is only a living corpse.

Shivani, who would have been brought up like a princess by her parents lost both of them and is living with her God given parents. A girl who would have seen only wealth around her will see the struggles of her parents to meet all her needs and requirements.

Meera and Raghav' a daughter is living somewhere in an orphanage under the observation of Archana. Archana made sure she doesnot get any education or let her have any happy moments. The little child doesnot know why? But all she knew was that orphanage as she could remember her life. She thought she is also one among the unfortunate people who cant even celebrate her birthday.

SuryaDev and Ambika have become detached to everything around them after losing their son. They handed over all the responsibilities to Raghav and Archana.

Kaasi, is carrying a volcano in his heart that he has not shared with anybody not even Raghav. He doesnot want to leave a single clue or hint to anybody that the baby is alive. He kept continuing his search. He continued to be the same person whom they could trust. But only he knows that he has hidden the biggest truth.

Though the responsibilities have been handed over to both Raghav and Archana. Since Raghav has given up everything in his remorse which led Archana to take over every thing into her hands. She started doing everything in her way. Soon the villagers came to know her real face as she started asking for higher interests on the money they borrowed. But none could help them. She started her play with everyone. Little did she know that her downfall is still alive. Adithya was behind his mother and started following her footsteps as he grew up.

The evil has won once breaking everyone into pieces. But that is not the end. Let's see how the broken pieces come together and become a sword to destroy it.

The fall of the Evil begins........

To be continued.....

Don't forget to vote and share your thoughts in the comments.

Hello Readers,

We are getting into the actual story and I would like to take a moment and appreciate your support.

Thank you so much......

This is my first book and will be glad if you share your thoughts on this story so far. Also feel free to add any suggestions on my writing style.

Thank you!
Yuki