2: The Destruction Starts

As the private jet descended onto the runway at Beijing Capital International Airport, Junhui felt a surge of anticipation course through him. The sprawling cityscape of Beijing stretched out below, its dense urban landscape hiding as many secrets as the Midnight Gang itself. This wasn't his first time in China, but the purpose of this visit made it different—more personal.

Junhui stepped off the plane with Xiaojun by his side, the crisp air of the early morning biting at his skin. There was no time to waste. Every moment he spent in China had to count, and his first stop was to meet a man whose influence rivaled even that of Seungcheol back in Seoul.

The car ride was silent, the tension palpable as they sped through the busy streets of Beijing. Skyscrapers and historic buildings blurred past as they headed toward the headquarters of one of China's most feared mafia bosses—Wang Tian, the Dragon of the East. The Wang family had ruled the underworld of China for generations, and Tian was known not just for his ruthlessness, but for his cunning and strategic mind.

As they arrived at the secluded mansion on the outskirts of the city, Jun took a deep breath. He had dealt with powerful figures before, but Tian was a different kind of dangerous. If Jun was going to pull off his plan, he needed Tian's cooperation. Fortunately, Jun knew that Tian respected power, and the Midnight Gang had plenty of that.

The gates opened, and the car rolled into the sprawling estate. The mansion was a blend of traditional Chinese architecture and modern luxury, with red lanterns hanging from the eaves and meticulously manicured gardens surrounding the main house. Armed guards stood at every entrance, their eyes sharp and their expressions stoic.

Inside, the air was thick with the scent of incense, and the dim lighting gave the space an almost otherworldly feel. Jun was led through a series of corridors until he was finally ushered into a grand room, its walls lined with priceless art and relics from centuries past.

Wang Tian sat at the head of a long, intricately carved table. He was a man in his late forties, his hair graying at the temples, but his eyes were sharp and calculating. He wore a traditional black changshan, his demeanor calm and composed. Despite his outward appearance of tranquility, there was an unmistakable aura of danger about him.

"Junhui," Tian greeted him, his voice smooth and measured. "I've been expecting you."

Junhui inclined his head in respect. "Wang Tian. It's an honor to meet you again."

Tian gestured for Jun to sit. "The honor is mine. The Midnight Gang's reputation precedes you, and your leader, Seungcheol, is a man I admire. What brings you to China this time?"

Jun took a seat, maintaining eye contact with Tian. "I'm here on personal business, but I require your assistance."

Tian raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Personal business? That's not usually your style, Junhui. What is it that you need?"

"There's someone in China who holds a... significant place in my life. Xu Minghao, an artist. But he's tied to a woman—Zhang Yulan." Jun paused, watching Tian's reaction. "Yulan is powerful here, and I know she's deeply connected to the mafia."

At the mention of Yulan's name, a flicker of recognition crossed Tian's face. He leaned back in his chair, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Zhang Yulan," he repeated, as if weighing the name. "She's not just connected, Junhui. She's one of the most influential figures in the Chinese underworld. Her family has old ties, going back generations, and she's very... protective of her assets."