48: Issues Resolved

The dining room of the Midnight mansion buzzed with a lively energy as everyone gathered for breakfast. The long table was laden with a feast of pancakes, eggs, fresh fruit, and other delicious dishes. Junhui and Minghao were seated side by side, while Jeonghan, Seungcheol, Jihoon, Seokmin, and Joshua filled the other seats around the table.

"Okay, first things first," Jeonghan said with a smirk, eyeing Junhui and Minghao, "I have to know—how did you two even manage to keep everything so secret in China? I mean, Minghao's exhibition? The make-out session in the garden? And don't even get me started on the birthday surprise!"

Minghao blushed as Junhui grinned, leaning back in his chair. "What can I say? We're good at keeping secrets."

"Pfft, you two are like a spy duo," Seokmin teased, reaching for a stack of pancakes. "Except instead of secret missions, it's secret make-out sessions."

"Sounds about right," Joshua chimed in, raising an eyebrow. "But seriously, I'm still trying to figure out how you managed to pull off an entire art exhibition without Jun finding out."

Minghao chuckled, looking at Junhui with a fond smile. "Well, let's just say I got very good at pretending to paint random things while secretly working on the pieces for the exhibition. I may have even bribed a few people to keep Jun out of my studio."

Junhui feigned shock, placing a hand over his heart. "Bribery? In our relationship? I'm scandalized!"

"Oh, please," Jeonghan said, rolling his eyes. "As if you wouldn't have done the same thing for him. You're just mad you didn't think of it first."

"Guilty as charged," Junhui admitted with a laugh. "But honestly, I don't mind being surprised if it means I get to see my face on every wall of an art gallery. I mean, come on—who wouldn't love that?"

"True, true," Jihoon agreed, though his tone was more sarcastic. "Nothing like walking into a room full of pictures of yourself. So humble, Jun. So humble."

Everyone burst out laughing, and Junhui shrugged, still grinning. "Hey, I can't help it if my boyfriend has good taste."

"Oh, he has great taste," Seokmin said, winking at Minghao. "Though I'm not sure if it's in art or in men."

"Definitely both," Joshua added, taking a sip of his coffee. "But now I'm curious—what's next for you two? Any more secret plans we should know about?"

Minghao shook his head, laughing. "I think we've had enough secrets for now. Besides, we're back home, so it's time to settle in and enjoy being with everyone again."

"Speaking of which," Jeonghan interjected, turning his gaze to Seungcheol, who had been quietly eating his breakfast without participating in the banter. "What's with you, Cheol? You've been quieter than usual. Are you still brooding about being wrong?"

Seungcheol looked up, startled by the sudden attention. He cleared his throat, trying to play it cool. "I'm not brooding. I'm just...reflecting."

"Reflecting?" Jeonghan repeated, his tone dripping with sass. "Honey, we all know what 'reflecting' means when it comes to you. It means you're sulking because you had to admit you were wrong."

Seungcheol shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "I'm not sulking, angel. I just—I didn't realize how much Jun and Minghao meant to each other. I was just trying to protect everyone."

Jeonghan raised an eyebrow, clearly unimpressed. "Protect? By kicking them out? That's rich, Cheol. You're supposed to be the leader of this gang, not a dictator. These two are family, and you don't just throw family out because of a misunderstanding."