42: A Stubborn Idiot

Before Minghao could protest, Junhui slipped out of bed and walked around to Minghao's side. He bent down, effortlessly sliding his arms under Minghao and lifting him into his arms. Minghao yelped in surprise, his cheeks flushing red as Junhui carried him across the room. "Hey! I'm not some damsel in distress, you know!"

"Maybe not," Junhui replied with a grin, "but right now, you're my damsel."

Minghao grumbled playfully, but he couldn't deny the warmth that spread through him at Junhui's care. He let himself relax into Junhui's hold, resting his head against his shoulder as they made their way to the bathroom.

Once inside, Junhui carefully set Minghao down on the edge of the bathtub, turning on the faucet to let the warm water fill the tub. The sound of the running water was soothing, and the steam began to rise, filling the room with a comforting heat.

Junhui turned back to Minghao, who was still pouting slightly, but his expression softened when Junhui gently began to undress him. "Let's get you comfortable," Junhui said softly, his hands moving with care as he removed Minghao's shirt, followed by his boxers.

Minghao, despite his earlier teasing, found himself touched by Junhui's tenderness. He let Junhui guide him into the warm water, sinking into the soothing heat with a sigh of relief. The water immediately began to ease the tension in his muscles, and he leaned back against the edge of the tub, closing his eyes.

Junhui joined him a moment later, sliding into the tub and sitting behind Minghao. He wrapped his arms around Minghao's waist, pulling him close so that Minghao's back was pressed against his chest. Minghao felt the warmth of Junhui's skin against his own, and he couldn't help but smile, his earlier discomfort fading away.

"Feeling better?" Junhui asked, his voice a low rumble against Minghao's ear.

"Much better," Minghao murmured, tilting his head back to rest on Junhui's shoulder. He closed his eyes, letting the warmth of the water and Junhui's embrace envelop him. "Thanks to you."

Junhui pressed a soft kiss to the side of Minghao's neck, his hands gently tracing patterns along his waist. "Anytime," he whispered, the words carrying a weight that went beyond just the physical comfort he was offering. It was a promise, one that Junhui intended to keep.

They stayed like that for a while, the world outside forgotten as they soaked in the warm water, content in each other's presence. There was no need for words; the connection between them spoke volumes on its own.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of peaceful silence, Junhui spoke up. "So, about that breakfast... I'm thinking we can do it together, once you're feeling up to it."

Minghao chuckled, the sound vibrating through his chest. "I'd like that. Just... give me a few more minutes."

Junhui smiled, his heart full as he held Minghao close. "Take all the time you need, Star."

                                      _

The rain pelted against the windows of the Midnight mansion, each drop sounding like the hammering of unresolved tensions. Inside, the atmosphere was just as charged, the air thick with the lingering echoes of a heated argument.

Jeonghan, always the embodiment of grace under pressure, stood in the middle of the grand living room, his chest rising and falling as he fought to keep his composure. His eyes, usually so warm and inviting, were now hard, fixed on Seungcheol with a mixture of disappointment and anger.

"How could you, Cheol? How could you turn them away?" Jeonghan's voice, though soft, carried the weight of his disapproval. His hands were on his hips, an unmistakable sign that he meant business.