35: Jun's Parents

Jun looked up as the door to his hospital room creaked open. To his surprise, it was Lin, Yulan's secretary. Lin had been Jun's eyes and ears within Yulan's inner circle, feeding him crucial information about Yulan and Minghao's every move. But this visit was unexpected.

"Lin?" Jun's voice was laced with confusion, though he quickly masked it. "What brings you here?"

Lin shut the door behind him, stepping further into the room. His expression was grave, hinting that he had something significant to share. "I just came from Yulan and Minghao," he began, his tone low but urgent. "There was a conversation between them that I think you should know about."

Jun's heart skipped a beat, his mind racing with possibilities. "What did they say?"

Lin sighed, pulling a chair closer to the bed as he prepared to relay the details. "Yulan knows something is off between you and Minghao. She confronted him about it, asking why he's been so distracted lately. Minghao admitted he's confused, that the kiss with you has left him questioning everything. Yulan was furious, but Minghao tried to reassure her that it meant nothing, that he's committed to her."

Jun's eyes narrowed, absorbing the information. Minghao's confusion was the opening he had been waiting for, but it also meant Yulan was on high alert. "And what did Yulan say?"

"She's suspicious, Mr. Wen. She's aware something's been going on, but Minghao is trying to focus on his commitment to her, probably because he's scared of the consequences," Lin continued. "But there's more... Yulan mentioned she's planning to tighten her grip on Minghao, to make sure he stays with her. She doesn't know how deep your involvement is yet, but she's determined to keep him away from you."

Jun clenched his jaw, feeling a mix of anger and determination surge through him. "She can try," he muttered under his breath. "But I won't let her have him. Not when Minghao's starting to realize the truth."

Lin watched Jun carefully, aware of the storm brewing within him. "You need to be careful, Mr. Wen. Yulan isn't one to be taken lightly. She has power, resources... and she's not afraid to use them."

Jun nodded, his mind already plotting his next move. "I know. But I'm not backing down, Lin. Minghao's heart isn't as secure in Yulan's hands as she thinks. And I'm going to make sure he realizes where it truly belongs."

                                          _

Minghao's decision to stop visiting Junhui wasn't easy, but he knew it was necessary. After that day in the hospital, he couldn't let his emotions run wild, not when he was about to marry Yulan. He threw himself into the wedding preparations, trying to push away any thoughts of Junhui. Days turned into weeks, and as the wedding date approached, Minghao found himself spending more time at home, deep in the details of his life with Yulan.

Meanwhile, Junhui's frustration grew. After being discharged from the hospital, he tried to reach out to Minghao, but every call went unanswered. He would visit Minghao's favorite cafes, hoping to run into him, but Minghao was nowhere to be found. It was as if he had vanished into thin air. Junhui felt a mix of anger and desperation; he couldn't understand why Minghao was avoiding him after what they had shared.

Minghao, on the other hand, was trying his best to focus on his upcoming wedding, but a sense of unease kept gnawing at him. He spent his days with Yulan, planning the ceremony, choosing the flowers, finalizing the guest list. Yet, even in these moments of supposed happiness, something felt off. There was a heaviness in his chest that he couldn't shake off, a lingering doubt that seemed to cloud his thoughts. Every time he looked at Yulan, he saw the love in her eyes, but in the back of his mind, the kiss with Junhui replayed over and over.