44: Junhui, My Muse

Minghao had been tirelessly working in his studio for days, driven by a single goal: to create something unforgettable for Junhui's birthday. He'd kept his work hidden from Junhui, sneaking away to his studio and spending countless hours perfecting each piece. Minghao wanted to surprise Junhui in a way that would show just how much he meant to him.

The day of the exhibition arrived. Minghao was buzzing with excitement, though he managed to keep his composure. He led Junhui to the gallery, gently covering his eyes as they approached the entrance. Junhui, curious but trusting, followed Minghao's lead.

As they stepped inside, the murmur of voices filled the air, but Junhui was oblivious to it all. Minghao guided him carefully through the space, making sure not to give away the surprise too soon. Finally, they came to a stop in the center of the room. Minghao's heart raced as he slowly removed his hands from Junhui's eyes.

"Alright, you can open them now," Minghao whispered, a smile tugging at his lips.

Junhui blinked as his vision adjusted, and when he finally took in the sight before him, his breath caught in his throat. The gallery walls were adorned with paintings—each one a portrait of him, captured in various moments, expressions, and emotions. The style was unmistakably Minghao's, the strokes filled with the love and admiration he felt for Junhui.

Around them, people were admiring the artworks, their soft murmurs of appreciation filling the room. But Junhui was oblivious to everything except the overwhelming emotion surging through him. He turned to Minghao, eyes wide, voice catching as he tried to speak.

"You... You did all of this?" Junhui's voice was barely above a whisper, his eyes beginning to mist with emotion.

Minghao nodded, his own eyes reflecting the depth of his feelings. "I wanted to show you how much you mean to me. You've always made me feel special, and I wanted to do the same for you. Happy birthday, Jun."

Junhui couldn't find the words to express what he felt in that moment. Instead, he pulled Minghao into a tight embrace, burying his face in the crook of Minghao's neck. The room, the paintings, the people—all of it faded into the background as he held the man he loved more than anything else in the world.

The gallery was abuzz with energy as people from all walks of life admired the artwork on display. Minghao's exhibition had drawn an impressive crowd, and the atmosphere was charged with excitement. Each painting, meticulously crafted with love and precision, captured Junhui in various moments—lost in thought, laughing, or simply existing with an effortless grace. It was clear that these were no ordinary portraits; they were a window into Minghao's soul, a reflection of his deepest feelings for the man who had become the center of his world.

As the evening progressed, the gallery became more crowded. Minghao watched with a mixture of pride and anticipation as one by one, the paintings were marked as sold. Collectors, art enthusiasts, and even casual visitors were eager to own a piece of Minghao's latest collection. But for Minghao, the most important thing was the man standing by his side, looking at each painting with a mixture of awe and love.

Within the first hour, every single painting had sold out. The gallery director, clearly impressed, approached Minghao with a wide smile.

"Minghao, this is extraordinary! I've never seen anything like this. Congratulations—this has become your fastest-selling exhibition, and with the highest values we've ever seen!"

Minghao beamed with pride, but his eyes quickly found Junhui's, searching for his reaction. Junhui looked back at him, his gaze soft and filled with admiration.

The director continued to speak, praising Minghao's work and the success of the exhibition, but Minghao was only half-listening. His mind was already drifting to what he wanted to say next, his heart swelling with emotion as he looked at Junhui. Finally, when there was a brief lull in the conversation, Minghao cleared his throat and turned to face the crowd that had gathered around them.