20: New Life Without Him

Junhui threw himself into his work, determined to bury the remnants of his obsession with Minghao. The world of modeling offered him a new kind of focus, a way to channel his energy and emotions into something other than the consuming thoughts that had once driven him to the brink of madness. The cameras, the flashing lights, the attention—it was a different kind of power, one that allowed him to reclaim a part of himself that he had lost in his fixation on Minghao.

But it wasn't just the glamorous world of modeling that kept him occupied. Junhui was still very much entrenched in the shadowy dealings of the Midnight gang, a world that required his sharp mind and ruthless efficiency. Balancing these two lives was a challenge, but it was one that he embraced, using it as a way to distance himself from the pain that still lingered deep within him.

As the weeks went by, the gang became increasingly absorbed in preparations for an unexpected development—Wonwoo's arranged marriage to Mingyu, a move that was designed to solidify the truce between the Midnight gang and the Amber gang. The marriage was purely strategic, a way to bring stability to the uneasy alliance that had formed in the wake of Yulan's departure. But the irony of it wasn't lost on anyone—two of the most dangerous men in the city, bound together by a forced union, each with their own agendas simmering beneath the surface.

The preparations for the wedding were nothing short of extravagant. The Midnight gang spared no expense, knowing that the spectacle of the event would serve as a powerful message to their rivals. The gang's headquarters buzzed with activity, as members coordinated everything from the guest list to the security details, ensuring that the day would go off without a hitch.

In the midst of it all, Junhui found himself becoming more and more detached from the memories of Minghao. The hustle and bustle of the wedding plans, coupled with his increasing success as a model, helped him to compartmentalize his feelings. He spent long hours in the gym, sculpting his body to perfection for his modeling gigs, and even longer hours in front of the mirror, practicing his expressions, his poses, and the cool, detached persona that he had cultivated.

The Midnight gang, too, began to shift its focus. With the marriage between Wonwoo and Mingyu on the horizon, the gang's attention turned toward ensuring the success of the union and maintaining the fragile peace it represented. In the process, Minghao's name gradually faded from their conversations. The artist who had once been at the center of Junhui's world was now a distant memory, overshadowed by the demands of the present.

Even Seungcheol, who had been concerned about Junhui's mental state after the incident with the sleeping pills, was relieved to see him moving on. The leader of the Midnight gang knew all too well the dangers of obsession, and he was glad that Junhui seemed to be regaining his footing. The truce with the Amber gang was too important to jeopardize, and Seungcheol needed all hands on deck to ensure that the marriage went off without any complications.

Jeonghan, ever the nurturing presence within the gang, also turned his attention to the wedding preparations. His previous worries about Junhui were assuaged by the younger man's newfound focus. Jeonghan took it upon himself to oversee the finer details of the wedding, working closely with Wonwoo and Mingyu to ensure that everything was perfect. The upcoming marriage was a delicate balance of power, and Jeonghan knew that his role was to maintain harmony within the gang as they navigated this new chapter.

As the wedding day approached, the entire Midnight gang became engrossed in the event. Discussions of security, guest lists, and venue arrangements filled the halls of the mansion, leaving little room for anything else. The gang members were consumed by the logistics, each of them playing a part in ensuring that the day would not only solidify the truce but also serve as a reminder of the Midnight gang's dominance.