𝟬𝟭𝟲 bone to pick

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
bone to pick.

THIRD PERSON

THIRD PERSON.
Voyage Tour BusSomewhere in Ohio.

Voyage Tour Bus—Somewhere in Ohio

❤︎

The tour bus glided down I-75, the rolling Ohio landscape slipping by under a darkening sky. The rhythmic hum of the tires on the pavement was almost soothing, a steady background to the occasional laughter that filtered through from the front of the bus. Samira stirred, nestled under the blanket next to her son, Sadiah, who was fast asleep. The sound of familiar laughter drifted back, piquing her curiosity. Carefully, she eased herself out of the small bed, tucking the blanket securely around Sadiah, and slipped out of the room, heading toward the front.

As she approached the living area, the voices grew louder, more distinct. Samira recognized the playful tones of her dancers, her extended family on this tour. She rounded the corner to find them sprawled out across the couches and floor, a deck of cards in the middle of the coffee table, and grins plastered on their faces.

"What y'all up to?" Samira asked, leaning against the doorframe with a smirk, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. Cleo looked up, her brown eyes gleaming with excitement. "Girl, we're playin' 'Never Have I Ever'. You better come sit down 'fore you miss all the fun!"

"Right." Adryan chimed in, waving her over. "We just gettin' started." Samira didn't need much convincing. She laughed and walked over to join them, sitting cross-legged on the floor next to Cleo. "Aight, I'm in. Who's got the first one?"

"That'd be me." Nadia announced proudly, her bold personality already making itself known. She sat up straight, card in hand, and grinned devilishly at the group. "Okay, never have I ever . . . Kissed two people in the same day."

The room erupted into a chorus of groans as several hands shot up, including Cleo's. Samira slapped her arm playfully. "You ain't shit, Cleo. You really did that?"