𝟬𝟮𝟮 departures to encores

CHAPTER TWNETY—TWO.
departures to encores.

THIRD PERSON

THIRD PERSON.
Atlanta International AirportAtlanta, Georgia.

Atlanta International Airport—Atlanta, Georgia

❤︎

          The airport was bustling with life, a symphony of hurried footsteps, rolling luggage, and the low hum of countless conversations. Flights were being announced over the loudspeakers in quick succession, each one sending groups of travelers rushing toward their gates, eager to make their connections. The large, airy terminal was bathed in the cool, artificial glow of overhead lights, with large windows lining one side, offering a view of planes taxiing on the tarmac. Amidst the chaos, Chris and Samira sat in a pair of black, leather-bound chairs, side by side, waiting for the inevitable call that would signal the end of their time together—at least for now.

          For the past three weeks, Chris had been by her side through every high and low, every city stop, every show. It had been an unexpected but welcomed break in his own schedule, a rare window of time where he could be with Samira without the usual pressures of his demanding career pulling him in a dozen different directions. But as the days passed, his commitments back in Los Angeles began stacking up once more, and the time had come for him to return.

          The decision had been last minute, his team scrambling to book flights, arrange accommodations, and—most importantly—secure adequate security detail for his journey home. A small entourage of plainclothes security guards now stood a respectful distance away, leaning casually against a large pole near the center of the terminal, their eyes scanning the area with practiced vigilance.

They were professionals, hired at the eleventh hour to ensure Chris's safe passage back to California. Despite their laid-back demeanor, their presence was a constant reminder of the world outside this moment—the one filled with flashing cameras, prying eyes, and the endless churn of gossip.