𝟬𝟭𝟬 tides of passion

CHAPTER TEN.
tides of passion.

THIRD PERSON.
Brown ResidenceTarzana, California.

Brown Residence—Tarzana, California

MATURE CONTENT WARNING!!

❤︎

The late afternoon sun bathed the city in a warm glow as Samira drove down the highway, her eyes flickering between the road ahead and the rearview mirror where she could see her son, Sadiah, quietly playing with his favorite toy. Her fingers drummed lightly on the steering wheel, a soft smile tugging at her lips as she thought about the past few weeks. Chris had been a constant presence in her and Sadiah's lives recently, and she couldn't help but be amazed at how effortlessly he'd become a part of their world.

Chris wasn't just a superstar; he was gentle and understanding, especially when it came to Sadiah. He didn't treat her son like he was different or fragile because he was deaf. Instead, Chris was patient, always making sure Sadiah was included in everything. The moment he asked Samira to teach him basic sign language, she knew things were different. This wasn't just a fling; Chris was invested in her life, in her son's life.

As they cruised down the quiet streets leading to Chris's mansion, Samira glanced at Sadiah through the rearview mirror. His small hands moved in a rhythm only he understood, his little face focused as he fiddled with his toy.

"Sadi, baby." She signed with one hand, her movements fluid and gentle. "Do you like going to Chris's house?"

Sadiah looked up, catching her eyes in the mirror, and smiled wide, nodding enthusiastically. "Yes, Mama! Chris is funny. I like him." He signed back, his fingers moving excitedly.

Samira's heart swelled with warmth. There was something so pure about Sadiah's happiness, something that made all the uncertainty in her life fade into the background. She chuckled softly, her mind drifting back to how Chris would spend time learning new signs, repeating them until he got them just right. He wasn't perfect, but the effort he put in made all the difference.