𝟬𝟭𝟵 behind the scenes

CHAPTER NINETEEN.
behind the scenes.

THIRD PERSON.
FireWall Dance TheaterPittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

FireWall Dance Theater—Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

❤︎

Samira paced the length of the dance studio, her mind racing as she finalized the details of her surprise for Chris. The idea had come to her suddenly, sparked by his casual mention that he'd be joining her on tour for the next few stops. With his birthday just around the corner, she knew she had to make it special. After a quick call to Jasmine, who miraculously rented out a studio at the last minute, Samira wasted no time getting the plan in motion.

          The surprise was simple but would leave Chris speechless. Samira decided to incorporate a special performance just for him into the set list of their next stop, which conveniently fell on the evening of his birthday. She didn't want to give too much away, even to herself, as she mulled over the details, but she knew it would be something he'd never forget.

Samira leaned against the mirrored wall, adjusting the black baseball cap on her head as she tried to catch her breath. She had just finished a run-through of the routine, and her muscles were starting to feel the burn. Sweat glistened on her skin, a testament to the hard work they were putting in, but she was still smiling. In the corner of the room, a sleek, expensive camera was propped up on a tripod, capturing every moment.

Jasmine had surprised Samira with the camera the day before, her eyes twinkling with excitement as she handed it over. Jasmine had said, "You should start your own YouTube channel. Your fans love seeing your Instagram stories and TikToks, but imagine giving them more—like, behind-the-scenes footage, tour life, studio sessions, all of that."

Samira had blinked in surprise, her fingers tracing the edges of the high-end camera. "You really think they'd be into that?"

"Girl, they'd be obsessed." Jasmine had laughed, nudging her playfully. "You're a star on stage, but people want to see the real you, too. Plus, you've got a personality that people can't help but fall in love with. You just being yourself? That's content gold."