30

IVY

the barbecue was in full swing by the time i went upstairs and back down.

their was so many people in our backyard more 'family' than i ever knew we had but i really fucking doubt all of these people are actual family members.

it was a typical african barbecue where the 'grown up' have their own table whilst the 'kids' have their own.

though most of us where already 18 which is legally an adult, we're still seen as children and we where stuck with the actual children.

owen didn't seem to mind tho, he had some random aunties toddler on his lap rambling to him while he listened and ate every single word she said up.

it was a cute thing to look at but i was getting bored, yeah that's what you're 3rd plate of jollof does to you.

"we should go into the bar and do some karaoke" isaac came up with the idea which we all agreed too.

"but the kids" eden trailed off sadly knowing we can't just leave them by themselves, there were 4 other little kids here, two where 6, one was 5 and the other was 2.

we decided that we should play a little game called who can fall asleep first and the winner gets some more food which the little fatties obviously agreed too.

it didn't take them long to fall asleep and the boys carried them upstairs and into and empty rooms so we can go do our karaoke.

"alright alright welcome to the first ever jordanhenryjohnson barbecue karaoke night WOOOOO" eden said through the karaoke mic while saying all our last names at the same time.

"okay rules are simple....... there are no rules!! please cheat as much as you want actually it's highly requested you DO cheat and we're only doing afro beats sorry white boy" Isaac shouted into the mic like the whole point of it wasn't to amplify his already loud voice.

if you couldn't tell Isaac and eden are the extroverts of the group.

"alright who's up first? actually i'm picking and it's Brooklyn and Jax" we all give clap and whoop for them.

they got on the little stage we have in the bar and adjusted their mic's.

suddenly anybody by burna boy (SONG AT TOP) came up making all the boys except for Owen of course bless him start hying Jax up.

they started singing and dancing whilst we all clapped and chanted.

once they finished it was now heaven and lune's turn but Issac snatched the mic from lunes hand when she was about to start and said he had an announcement.

"it's just been said that THE parents want us to go to the gazebo as more people our age have just arrived and there's an apparent party. anyways so w-" he didn't even finish his sentence before we where all out of there to see the 'people our age'.

everyone else walked infront while me and Owen caught up a bit, we haven't had a one on one conversation all day.

"so are you enjoying the party" i said while looking up at him.

"i am yeah, you're families amazing and the foods even better" he replied, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"fucking liar you should've seen you're face when you tried the fufu" i said while laughing.

it was the funniest thing i think i've genuinely ever seen, i had never laughed so hard ever.

he had his face all scrunched up while my mum was hovering over him smiling asking him if he's good and he nodded while forcing a smile, she walked off happy while i couldn't stop laughing.

"okay yeah that was the only thing i didn't like" he said pulling me closer to him.

"i really wished you liked it" i sighed dramatically resting my head on his arm.

"yeah yeah shut up" he rolled his eyes already knowing what I'm up too.

"are you guys coming or what" heaven shouted.

"oh shut it" i shouted back as Owen laughed.

________________

3am and i'm writing stories for wattpad... i have truly lost it