3

Lincoln was panicking. When he bought a gun earlier, he didn't think he'd have a use for it yet, but just a glance at what those men were willing to do to an innocent child made him furious. He couldn't control himself as he fired.

He took a deep breath and looked down at the girl. She looked dead. He kneeled and sighed in relief when be realized she was breathing. Thank goodness. He quickly took his phone out and dialed his brother. His brother, Kaden was a billionaire who practically owned the whole city, so he thought Kaden would help him out.

"I need you." Those were the words he said and Kaden was already on his way to his brother.

Abigail didn't realize what was going on when she woke up and saw herself lying on a huge bed. She's never had a bed. Her step mother made her sleep on the floor with just a mattress.

Maybe I'm with my mother now? She thought and smiled.

"She's awake." She flinched when she heard a man's voice. She didn't want to be hurt again.

Lincoln watched her reaction as he walked towards her, when he realized she was getting scared, he stopped and smiled at her hoping to ease her worries.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He said in a gentle tone.

Abigail couldn't believe him. She wanted to but she was scared. She's been hurt by literally every person in her life except for her mother.

So the sensible thing to do would be to not talk to him at all and try to escape like other times but she was just a kid, a child who wanted to be loved and protected so she couldn't stop herself from whispering with tearful eyes,

"You promise?"

Lincoln's heart dropped at the state of the little girl. He didn't know anything about her but his brother, Kaden, promised to get the information in less than an hour.

"I promise." He replied and meant it. He'd never let anyone hurt this little girl anymore.