20

"She doesn't want to talk." Lincoln said as he walked down the stairs. Carter and Kaden were sitting and both looked like they were crying. Lincoln was surprised by his brother's reaction. He didn't realize how much he cares for Abigail.

"What happened back there?" Carter asked. He visited Abigail but she didn't talk to him. She was silent and most of the time she was looking at the ceiling. Maybe she hates me. Carter thought, because I didn't go to her sooner.

Abigail was silent. She watched as Lincoln walked out and sighed. She didn't know what to say, she felt dirty and pathetic. Her dad beat her and spat at her and Jake tried to force himself on her, he did kiss her forcefully and she was ashamed.

She was scared that Lincoln and Carter would be disgusted by her because she was so weak. She cried to sleep.

Carter clenched his hands into fists. He was glad that her family has already been dealt with or he'd have gone there and killed them himself. He was furious. How could anyone hurt Abigail. She didn't do anything bad to anyone. She had such a big heart.

Kaden made sure his men took care of the whole family. He made sure they'd spent their life in prison. It wouldn't be that hard to frame them for something if the judge decided that kidnapping and abusing a little girl wasn't enough of a crime.

It's been five days already since the incident and Abi still hasn't said anything. Lincoln was getting scared. What if she never spoke again.

He sat next to her and stroked her hair. He kissed the top of her head and told her how much he loved her and how sorry he was.

"Why are you sorry?" Abigail asked.

Lincoln's heart skipped hearing her voice after a week. "Princess?" He asked with a nervous smile. Did he just imagine that?

"Yes?" She replied and Lincoln pulled her in a tight hug. "I missed hearing your voice."

They pulled away and Lincoln started asking her, how she was and if anything else happened back there.

Abigail dropped her head in shame and told Lincoln everything. Every single detail. He had to know. She trusted him and maybe he'd not hate her after this. Maybe he'd help her become stronger.

Lincoln already assumed what Abigail told him except for the part where she said Jake tried to force himself on her.

Lincoln closed his eyes trying to control his anger. Now he wished he had punched the kid more than once. But he was focused on finding Abigail while Kaden threw fist after fist at her excuse of a dad.

It is over now. Lincoln hugged his little girl again. He wanted to have her close, make sure she was safe. "I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"I didn't come sooner. I wish-"

"It's okay. You saved me." Abigail smiled.

Lincoln loved the sight and decided to drop the subject but then his mind darted to Carter. His nephew who also blamed himself.

"You know, Carter also blames himself. He thinks you hate him because he didn't see your text sooner."

"What?!" Abigail jumped from her bed and stared at Lincoln, "Why didn't you tell me before?" She searched for her phone but then remembered that Derek broke it.

"How could he think that? I don't hate Carter, I could never do that. I just thought he'd be mad at me that you too would be mad at him because I let Jake kiss me."

Lincoln stood up and marched towards her. "Don't ever say that." He lifted her chin with his hand and stared into her eyes. "What happened wasn't your fault. They all will pay and you'll be safe from now on. And if Carter's mad at you because Jake forced a kiss on you then tell me and I'll gladly mess up his face."

Abigail chuckled and she wrapped her hands around Lincoln's waist. "I love you."

"I love you too princess." He kissed her forehead.