22

Two months later

Abigail

It was now lunch time and I sat next to Carter, Liam and Miles across from us like always.

I looked at their food and saw that all of them had chicken nuggets. Which one brought them? I love chicken nuggets. I'm tempted to steal one from Carter but he only has two while Liam and Miles have five each so I decide to steal from one of them and because Miles is sitting in front of me, I reach out and take one.

He looks up at me surprised.

I quickly take a bite so he doesn't demand it back.

I thought he'd be angry but he just chuckled. I was about to take another bite when Carter's hand stopped me. "What?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow. He frowned. "Why did you take his food?"

I shrugged, "because I wanted chicken nuggets."

"But you have me. You're my girlfriend, if you want something you take it from me." He actually looked upset.

"I'm sorry, you just had only two so-"

"Doesn't matter. You know I can buy more, I have money. And I'll buy anything for you." He was so sweet. I kissed his cheek and watched his face turn red.

Four months later

"Happy birthday!" I jump at Carter and he chuckles. "You scared me."

"We both know that's not true." Liam snorts as he walks towards us and leans against Carter's locker. "Go away!" He demanded.

"I just wanted to wish you happy birthday jeez." He looked offended as he took a small gift box out of his bag and handed it to Carter. "Thanks."

"No problem." Liam walked away.

"Didn't he want to see your reaction?" I asked. I always love Carter's reaction to my gifts. Carter shrugged and kissed my cheek.

"I gotta go, I have English first and if I'm late you know." He kissed my second cheek now and waved me goodbye.

I love him.

2 years later

"Yes." I reply full sure that I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

Carter smiles as he slides the ring on my finger. "I love you."

"I love you too."

4 years later

"Are you sure?" Lincoln asks as he caresses my face. "Yes." I nod my head.

"I'm sure and I'm scared."

"Don't be. He'll love it."

"You think?" I ask him.

"He always wanted one when he was younger. He said he'd have a family and he'd always love them."

I chuckled. "So you're sure he won't be mad at me."

"I mean you two were planning right?"

I nod.

"Then it's okay."

"But he said not yet and I couldn't wait anymore." I pouted.

Lincoln kissed the top of my head. "Princess if he gets mad tell me and I'll -

"Mess up his face. I know." I smiled.

I had to tell him. I had to tell him.

"What's wrong?" Carter's finally home.

"I have to tell you something big, I know we weren't planning yet and we've been married only for a year but-"

Carter took my hands into his. "It's okay, just tell me sweetheart."

"I bought a puppy."