17

Nora's eyes narrowed on the girl sitting in the living room. "Who's that?" She asked even though she already knew the answer. That brat was back. She always knew she'd come back.

But she won't let her take Derek away from Jake. Ever since her disappearance Derek became a better father for Jake because he kind of blamed himself.

But now she had to ruin it all. "Mom, I'm back." Jake ran into the living room where his parents were standing and his eyes widened seeing the girl. He recognized her immediately and his face turned into a guilty expression.

He remembered how he used to treat her. How he thought that what Nora was doing to her was normal. "Abigail." He never thought he'd see her again but now she was here and he wanted to redeem himself. He wanted to help her and maybe, just maybe, she would forgive him.

Abigail sat without moving, her eyes on the floor. She heard Nora's and Jake's voices and her heartbeat accelerated. She had to text someone.

"I need to use the bathroom." She got up and told her father, staring at him. At least he never hurt her physically, he just neglected her and didn't care what Nora was doing to her or how she was being treated in this house.

Her dad nodded and turned to Jake. "Show her the way."

Abigail

Oh, no! Not Jake. "Of course." He gestured with his hand to the way and started walking. I followed. It's okay. I told myself.

"Abigail, how are you?" I frowned at his words. What does he want now? Is he pretending to be a nice person so I'll do something for him?

"I was fine until my dad brought me here." I said through gritted teeth. "Where's the bathroom?"

Jake shook his head and opened the door to a room which didn't look like a bathroom. "Come in." He told me but I didn't move. What is he going to do?

Jake raised an eyebrow, "I know you don't want to go to the bathroom Abigail, I saw the phone in your jeans when we walked here so come in or I'm going to call my dad."

Abigail hesitated. She was scared of Jake but if they took her phone away, there was no way for her to contact anyone. So she slowly walked inside. Jake closed the door behind him and smiled at me.

"I never thought I'd see you again."

Carter

I've been texting Abigail all day but she's not replied back. I was starting to get worried, I was thinking about calling her when my door opened. "Dad?"

He walked inside with a smile on his face. "Hey boy." He looked around the room like he was seeing it for the first time. He was nervous. Why was he nervous?

"You okay?" I asked as I placed my phone on my bedside table.

He sighed and shook his head. "I have to tell you something and before you get mad you don't have to come with me."

"What that supposed to mean? You're going somewhere?"

"Yes. Come on I have to talk to you and I need to show you something in my office." He walked out and I followed after him.

Abigail

Jake stared at me with wonder. "Did you run away or did someone take you?"

I shrugged. I wasn't going to say anything. Jake sighed in defeat. "I know I know, you probably hate me and I deserved it but please will you consider giving me a second chance? I promise I changed." He took steps before he was standing in front of me and took my hand in his, "leave-"

"Please give me a chance. I know now that how my mom treated you isn't okay. I've been thinking of you all this time. Hoping that I meet- see you again to apologize."

"Leve my hand." I tried to pull it away but he didn't let go. His jaw clenched. "Tell me that you forgive me first."

"Are you crazy?"

"No. I need to know I'm forgiven, you don't understand how guilty I feel because of everything."

"Well, you should. Because you abused me." I pushed him away with all my strength and he stumbled back. "I didn't." His voice broke a little and I shook my head at him. He's such a great actor.

"I know I helped my mom sometimes but you can't blame me. She was my mom, I thought she was always right. I thought you'd take Derek away from me. He was my father and I didn't want him to leave me."

I laughed humourlessly and he bowed his head. "I'll do whatever you want."

"I want to leave." I say with finality. Jake doesn't like what I said those because in a second he has me pinned against the wall. "You won't leave until you forgive me." I knew he was just acting when he apologized. Right now he's looking at me like he wants to kill me.

The door to his room suddenly opened and Nora stands there. "Jake?" She called and glanced at us with question in her eyes. "What's happening?"

Jake left me and turned towards Nora. "Nothing just wanted to talk to her."

"Okay." His mother didn't question anymore, she told him to come down and walked away.

Of course. Why would she care about me. I'm so stupid. I have to get out of here and if I have to pretend to forgive Jake for that then fine.

"Okay." Jake's eyes dart to me at my words.

"I forgive you."

"Really?" He asks with hopeful eyes and I nod trying not to cry or cringe when he takes my face into his hands and kisses my forehead.

Ew.

"Let's go downstairs." He tries to hold my hand but I back away. "Bathroom." I say to him and he nods. "Of course." He walks out and shows me the way to the bathroom.

I walk inside and as soon as I close the door I take my phone out. The door doesn't have a lock. I see that Carter texted me so I send a message to him, telling him that my dad literally kidnapped me. Then I copy the text and try to send it to Lincoln but the door opens and Derek stands there, glaring at me.