10

Abigail

Since our last visit to Kaden, he and Lincoln started seeing each other every other week. Most of the time we'd go there but now, for the first time ever, they were coming here. In our house.

"You okay? Abi?" Lincoln asked as he looked at me from the couch where he was sitting watching soccer on tv. I don't like soccer. I get bored when I'm watching some men kick the ball and fight each other for it.

I don't even understand the rules but I simply don't care. It's been 4 months now since I started living with Lincoln and I loved my new life.

An hour later there's a door bell rang and Lincoln goes to open the door, it's not even half way open when Carter rushes inside ignoring Lincoln and smiling at me. "Abigail!" He exclaims like we haven't seen each other for a long time.

"Hey, Carter." I wave at him and he does the same.

Kaden smiles at me but I don't really trust him. I don't get the same friendly energy from him like I do from Lincoln and now Carter too. He's sweet.

After the soccer game ends, Kaden and Lincoln start talking about something business related and Carter turns to me. "So will you show me your room?"

At that Lincoln stiffened and looked over at where we were sitting. He glared at his own nephew.

Carter frowned, "What's wrong old man?"

"I will let you know I'm younger than your father."

I chuckle at that and Carter gives me a death glare but I playfully roll my eyes at him. "Don't give me that look Carter, you're not going into her bedroom." Lincoln stated and was about to go back to talking with Kaden when Carter stood up and marched towards him, "Why not?"

"You know why."

"I don't."

Okay. What's going on?

"Kaden." Lincoln said through gritted teeth. Kaden looked amused. "Come on Lincoln, Carter doesn't have any bad intentions he just wanted to see Abigail's room as she saw his last time you guys came over."

Bad intentions? Did Lincoln think Carter would hurt me?

Carter looked just as confused as me but he just shrugged and gestured with his head to show him my room.

I was about to take him when Kaden called me. "Yes?"

"Do you mind helping Carter with some homework? Lincoln mentioned that you're really good at math and Carter seems to be having some problems?" He asks nicely. But this situation is too similar. My mind transforms me to all the time Nora forced me to do Jake's homework against my will, how she'd kick me if I denied. And my heartbeat starts to race. I don't want to be forced to do anything again.

"Princess you okay?" Lincoln asks when I don't respond. Carter is looking at me with hopeful eyes but I don't see him anymore. All I see is Jake smirking at me while I do his homework and then managing to steal my food and hitting my head every single time I stop for a second to rest my hand and mind.

"No!" I reply looking at him. Not again. "It's not my fault you're so stupid and dumb that you can't do your homework but I will never help you!" I shouted and ran upstairs fearing for my life. I've never raised my voice before. Will Lincoln punish me now?