14

Finally. The first day of school. I'm so nervous but Carter spent the whole night assuring me that everyone will be alright. Though I doubt it because that school is only for the rich.

"You look gorgeous Abi, you don't have to be standing in front of the mirror for so long." Dad says to me as he walks past me.

"Come on dad." I groan, "I have to be perfect for the first impression."

He rolls his eyes but let's me be.

"You ready?" Carter asks as he holds my hand. I nod my head and we walked into his school. Well, now mine too.

He smiled at me and walked towards two boys who were leaning against the locker. They must be Liam and Miles.

They waved their hands to Carter but their eyes widened when they saw me. "Dude I thought you were deeply in love with your best friend, who's this?" Miles blurts out and I stare at Carter who looks uncomfortable now.

In love with his best friend? Me?

"This is my best friend. Abigail." He replies through gritted teeth and a smile forms on my face. He likes me. That must be it right?

Miles slaps his forehead with his hand. "I'm so stupid."

Liam chuckles and hits his back, "Yes you are."

"Hi, Abigail." Liam reaches his hand out and I shake it. "Liam."

"Abigail but you already know that."

"Miles." The second one says and also extends his hand. I shake it and turn to look at Carter who's smiling down at me.

"What's your first class?" He asks me.

"English." I reply looking at the schedule on my phone. He pouts. "I have history, but I'll walk you to your class first."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be late." I don't know where my classes are and he suggested that he'll walk me today but I don't want him to get detention because of me.

"It's okay."

"But why should we trouble you when I have English myself. I can walk her." Miles says with a smirk and Carter glares at him.

Liam laughs at their interaction but doesn't say anything. "I gotta go, I have cooking first so my class is better than yours." He walked away and waved at me. I waved back and turned to Carter. "You guys have cooking lessons in here?"

He nodded his head. I didn't know that. Maybe I'll like it here after all.