1

"Abigail!" The little girl hears her step mother's voice and she already knows what's coming. The bruises on her body are the evidence of that. She tries to hide but just like always Nora, her step mother, finds her.

"Please no! I didn't do anything." Abigail pleads with tears welling up in her eyes. She tries to follow her instructions so she'll end up at least one day without a beating but she always fails. Nora always finds a reason to punish her.

"You little brat, you're trying to take Derek (her dad) away from my son and you're saying you did nothing?!" She slapped her so hard that Abigail fell on the floor. She then kicked her in the stomach, "You should have died with your mother!" She kicked again and again.

Seeing the scene, Jake smirked and ran to his mother, kicking the nine year old girl as hard as he could. He didn't want to share his father. Derek was only his and he'd make sure she knew her place. As his maid, nothing else.

Once the girl lost her consciousness, both of them stopped. "Good boy." Nora smiled down at her son, teaching him that abusing people you don't like is perfectly fine.

When Derek saw his little girl almost beaten to death, he only had one thought in his head i can't get a doctor or they'll call the police.

So he left her on her bed not caring if she'd live or not. After all, her death would make his life easier, he wouldn't have to come up with excuses as to why his daughter always showed up with bruises and scars at school and why she never had any of the homework done. Because she was busy doing the house work that no child should at the age of nine.