21

Carter and Abigail stood in her room. Both of them are quiet. Carter was happy that Abigail called him and wanted to see him.

"Lincoln told me you blame yourself and think I hate you." Abi broke the silence.

Carter froze. He didn't know what to say, he did think like that but how could his uncle out him like that.

"I'll take that as a yes." Abi said as she sat on her bed. "Look Carter I don't hate you."

Carter sighed in relief at that. He loved Abigail more than anything and anyone else and he didn't know what he'd do if she hated him and never wanted to see him again. She was his everything.

"The reason I didn't want to talk to you or to dad was because I was ashamed. When my dad kidnapped me, he beat me-"

Carter took a deep breath and his jaw clenched.

"And spat at me and I felt so humiliated." A sob ripped from her throat and Carter immediately went to her. "Don't cry please." He pulled her into his arms. "Don't cry or I'll start crying too."

"That's not all." Carter hated that she had to go through so much abuse. He'd take her place any day so she'd not have to experience any of that.

"Jake, he t-tried to force himself on m-me and he ki-kissed me and I was so mad because it was my first kiss and I was s-saving it for you." Abigail didn't realize that she just blurted out she liked Carter and she was saving herself for him.

Carter felt the mix of emotions. He was sure he'd gone and found Jake and taught him what consent meant if he wasn't already in the prison. He was furious about what happened but he was also happy that Abigail liked him back. She had feelings for him and she just said she was saving her first kiss for him.

Carter started stroking her hair, he knew she loved it and tried to calm her by whispering sweet nothings to her ear.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." Carter mumbles as his hand traces her face now.

Abigail pulls away and looks up at him when she finally stops crying. "Me too." She didn't know what else to say.

She was embarrassed. She just admitted her feelings and Carter didn't return them. Her face was getting red until Carter stood up.

"You're leaving?"

Carter shook his head. "I just wanted you to lay down." He gestured towards the bed with his head and Abigail lied down. "You need to rest."

"Stay with me?" She asked with hopeful eyes. Carter nodded. He walked towards her bed and stared at her. "You're not the only one."

Abigail raised an eyebrow at his words, "I also saved my first kiss for you."

She stopped breathing. Does that mean he also likes her? He has feelings for me? She thought hopefully. She knew Carter had never had a girlfriend, was it because he was saving himself for her because he liked her romantically?

Carter smiled. "Ever since I laid my eyes on you," He says cupping her face and staring into her eyes with gentle expression, "I wanted to always stay by your side." Abi closes her eyes because of the sensations in her body that his voice caused.

He was so gentle. So sweet.

"I only want you Abigail. I've always only wanted you, no one else. I'm saving myself for you and I'll wait forever for you. I don't care how long it will take you to agree to date me because I'm willing to wait."

Abigail smiled. It's like her biggest wish came true. "You like me." She stated.

Carter got on the bed next to her. "Always have."

Abigail's smile turned bigger as she leaned over and kissed his cheek. "I agree."

"To what?"

"To go on a date with you."

Carter smiled. It's like his biggest wish came true.

"Good." He grabbed Abigail gently and pulled her into his chest, cuddling her to sleep.