Emotional Outburst

UMMM.. don't hate me BYE

@midnightsissuperior
I LOVE TAYLOR AND CASSIDY THAT WAS AMAZING

@ilovechickennuggets13
I am so happy Taylor is supporting Cassidy. I already love their friendship!

@oliviataylorscatstoebean
why did we even hate cassidy again? i didn't care then and idc now. SO PROUD OF HER!

Cassidy had found it. The remedy for her wounded career. The screaming cheers from an audience who appreciated her music and talent was something she had missed dearly. She'd finally gotten it back.

Taylor had been the one to grant that to her. To help her make them all forget the person the media painted her to be. To remind them of who she was and always had been.

She finally found the ticket back to peace that she'd been chasing for so long. She breathed it in, feeling it settle into her bones and wrap around her like a warm blanket as she celebrated with her friends and slept peacefully that night.

For the first time in months, the chaos that was trapped in her mind stilled. The constant chatter, doubts and relentless anxiety — it all faded into the background, being replaced by a soothing sense of excitement and change.

It was as if the universe had paused, holding it's breath alongside her so she could have this one moment of pure happiness and relief. Cassidy had let her guard down, truly believing that everything was all over.

But she soon realised, that peace was as fragile as glass. It was a fleeting visitor that came and went as it pleased. It took no regard for her desperate need to grasp onto it and keep it with her forever.

The more she reached for it, fought for it, the further it slipped away. The more the big, bold unchangeable script that was her prophecy tormented her relentlessly.

She would soon be standing in the wreckage of her very short-lived happiness. The calmness would rush out of her, leaving her empty and hollow. The warm blanket that had wrapped around her would be ripped off, leaving only the coldness to fill it's void.

She was slapped in the face by the harsh chill of her reality. The cracks in the glass first appeared when the outside world crept back into her newfound bubble of peace — the sound of Taylor and her phone's buzzing.

Each ring took her slowly back to her life before the performance. A reminder of what she'd tried to leave behind.

The familiar tightness in her chest, the racing pulse and difficultly to breathe returned. She looked over at Taylor who seemed to be just as worried as she was.

"Let's not pickup," Taylor suggested, hoping they could prolong this moment of stillness, "I'm sure it's nothing."

Cassidy sighed, staring down at the answer and decline buttons that were currently taunting her. This was the second time Kate had called her in the same hour. Whatever it was she had to say, it must have been serious.

"Taylor, we have to. It's probably important," Cassidy mumbled, not even so sure of her words herself.

Taylor nodded slowly, finally hitting the green button and holding her phone up to her ear. Cassidy did the same, exiting the bedroom so that they could each have a little privacy.

Just as Cassidy had expected. The news she had received on the phone was not very nice. She groaned as she began to scroll through each of her social media platforms. There was a rather large war happening on each one.

In the end the success of their performance was just an illusion. A brief taste of something she would never be able to hold onto.

Her reputation was too far gone and it seemed now she was dragging others down along with her. She was about to tumble down a rabbit hole of more chaos, and she wasn't sure she'd be able to climb back out again.