Chapter 36 : Mission unaccomplished

The ship stops. Karma doesn't get off and instead talks to Mask while standing on the ship. Mask starts talking.

Mask : Hello Karma, finally we are in front of each other. I'm shocked you found out about me. Well yes you are right. I am Kyun. Can I ask you how you figured it out?

AGENCY was actually listening to all of it and also watching it. They all were shocked and speechless after finding out that the person they worked with is the one who led them. But every member from SA knew about it except Cress.

Karma : (laughs) I knew it all along. Way before than the day you came to join me. I already knew you are the person who is trying to destroy me. It's really amazing how your subordinates act like they didn't know about it in front of other officers.

Mask : Karma. You still have a chance. Why don't you give up on this all. It's just nonsense. You are killing random people however you can. You can't call that Karma or justice.

Karma : Yeah. You are right. But actually, I am not doing any justice or good deed. I am not following the law of Karma exactly. I have my own sense of justice. According to me, the one who kills should be killed. That's justice for me.

Mask : That's not what you call justice. Many people do it by accident, many are forced to do it, many don't know if what they did was wrong or right and many other reasons are there. We have to make them a better person for society and not kill them.

Karma : I don't care what you say. Just think about it. Even if the person is indeed not evil, the act that person did is evil. It doesn't matter why the person did it. The thing that matters is that the person did it. So the person must be punished.

Mask : It's not punishment. It's even worse. Punishment would be to do something with them that makes them really uncomfortable and do it until they learn their lessons. That is punishment.

Karma : Listen, If I just had to follow rules and laws. I would've never done it. Look at the country now. People are scared to commit a crime. They have to think 1000 times to think something bad. Isn't this what we always wanted?

Mask : No. We don't want it. The bad people are scared but the good ones are too.

Karma : There is no good person in this world. I never found one. When I did find someone, that someone died. Died in front of me. You killed my family. You killed my hometown.

Mask : Karma we are really sorry for the rejected town but we didn't do it. It was done by the people above us and before us.

Karma : So you don't have any problem with my town?

Mask : Of Course not. We want to help them.

Karma smiles and his smile gets wider then turns into laughter.

Karma : You are really bad at lying. If you really felt so much for my town. Why didn't you do anything? You go on protests when bad things happen to just a single person but here… you killed them all and no one did anything. If I didn't commit these actions, you would've never paid attention to my town and would've just ignored them till they died.

Mask : What you are doing is also hurting them. You are destroying your whole town by your own deed. Even the town is against you, you know that?

Karma goes silent as he listens to it. Mask understands the reason for his silence and didn't let the chance slip.

Mask : What you did was not what the people of sina town needed. They asked us for help. We decided to help them but now you are doing this. This is making it harder for people to trust other people from sina town. What you are doing is hurting them and now they all are against you. They are asking us to kill you. They are asking us to get rid of you.

Mask sees tears falling down from Karma’s mask as he was saying all those things. Mask thinks this is his best chance to throw Karma completely off guard.

Mask continues,
“They told us ‘We wished for a better life but Karma is ruining and by using the name of Sina town. We never raised a criminal here. We never raised such a person here. We are not related to Karma and all of his actions at all. We don't even know about him.’  Now what do you think of Karma? What you did, did it work out? Are you happy now? Can you say your goal is achieved?”

Karma starts crying and gets on his knees with his head on the ground, eyes covered with hands and wiping his tears and sobbing, he cries.

Mask whispers on the Bluetooth, “He is vulnerable now. Every second is a chance for us now. Make sure all of your hits are on target. We can do this.

Only Eagle eye and Mask were the ones who could see Karma clearly. Others were too far to have a clear look at him. Eagle eye sets his eyes on Karma in such a way that when fired the bullet will hit Karma's back bone paralyzing him for the rest of his life. He puts his finger on the trigger. Says, “Locked on. Ready to shoot.” Mask says, “Count to three and shoot.”

Eagle eyes take a breath and start, “3…. 2….. 1….” Just as he was about to shoot, Karma stood up. Eagle changes his angle and tries to lock on Karma again. Looking into his sniper's telescope. He moves his gun and sees Karma's mask on the ground. He gets shocked and his eyes get wide open. He moves up and sees karma is standing on his feet showing his back to Mask. Eagle was able to see a bit of the left side of Karma’s face. He gets shocked and his fingers get off from the triggers. He looks in the telescope again and he sees Karma’s head is slightly turned back and he is looking directly in the telescope. Eagle eye felt as if Karma is directly looking in his eye. Eagle eye’s heart starts beating faster he starts shaking and says, “ Hey Mask. Did you already knew it?” Mask was confused so he asks, “What are you talking about? And why didn't you shoot. It's been more than 20 seconds. Eagle eye says, “I am talking about his identity. Did you already knew it?”

Mask shouts, “ Shoot already, you idiot!”

Eagle eye looks in the telescope to aim at Karma and just as he puts his eyes on the telescope he sees a bullet coming towards him right in front of him. His eyes get wide and before he could do anything, say anything or think of anything. The bullet break the glass of the telescope and passing through it hit his eyes and pierced throught them and enters the brain. As Eagle eye was falling on his back his brain was working for a few seconds. He remembers everything that he did from the moment he has memories of. Every mission that he completed and the fun times he spent at the AGENCY with Mask and the others in his past. Blood splashing out of his eyes, both arms in the air, about to fall completely behind, Eagle eye says one thing,

“Sorry, Mission unaccomplished.”