~Chapter Twenty six (Pt 1)~

~ Begging of We ~
(Mention of bullying and neglect)

The sun shined, the wind was light and it wasn't too hot or too cold. A perfect day it was.

Midnight was sitting by the tree, he was happy. Today Dream promised to play with him the whole day! Finally they can just spend time together!

But... You readers already know that's not happening. So why try to lie? You are not stupid.

Dream walked to Midnight with a sad expression,
"I'm sorry moony, the Villagers need help with something... But we can play tomorrow!"

Midnight looks at Dream with a sad look,
"But you promised! And tomorrow you have a picnic with them..."

Dream sights,
"Then after tomorrow okay?"

Before Midnight can argue further, Dream says his bye and left to the Villige, this is the first nice day in... Weeks or months?... Maybe even years.
And it's all ruined again.

Midnight pulls his only book out, the book he had read so many times that he remembers almost every word.

How did he learn to read? One very nice woman taught him. But that was two years ago and she left... She was just stopping by. Her name was Yuu... She was really nice. Maybe the only nice person beside Dream he ever met.

Midnight reads, after like twenty minutes he hears yells and laughter. The boys from the Villige are back.

The boys come to him and mock him for a while, then when he doesn't respond one throws a stone at him. When Midnight doesn't respond again, the strongest boy beats him up and then they leave.

Midnight wipes his mouth with his sleeve, finding the small amount of blood is comforting for him. It's weird to say but he started to seek comfort in seeing how small his injuries sometimes were... Maybe it was a way to cope?

He sits up and takes the book, reading it. Obviously one of the reasons he wants to spend the day with Dream alone is that the boys would never even try to say a word in his presence...

Maybe you ask, why didn't Midnight tell that to Dream? Well he did... Dream told him he will talk to the boys... But they only got more aggressive.

The visits from the boys are almost daily. They don't appear just sometimes. Mostly on holidays like Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas... Midnight never truly got a gift from anybody from the village. They always give gifts to Dream and Dream always says it's their both. So mostly they got food. But the Villagers noticed Dream started to share everything with his brother so they started giving him gifts like clothes in his colors, so he wont share it with Midnight.

One time Dream got a book, but he doesn't read much because he doesn't have time so he gives it to Midnight. (The book Midnight is reading)

It's always like this. Nobody likes Midnight.

But why? He is god just like Dream! And Dream gets respect... So he should get respect too right?

Midnight puts the book down and snuggles to himself, trying to find comfort in his own body warmth.

Then the black shadow appears... Looking angry.

"Why don't you resist? Why can't you listen for once and beat the shit out of them?"

Midnight looks at the black shadow roaming around the tree, what was it? He didn't know himself...

"Because if i fight back, i can guarantee that they will run to Dream, telling him how i attacked them all of sudden"

The black shadow is silent,
"You are right, but it pains me to see you hurt everyday."

Midnight stares at the black shadow... Nor he or the shadow himself know why he existed. The only thing they know is that only Midnight can hear and see him. He called him black shadow... Because he just looked like a shadow but not transparent, and has shining turquoise eyes.

"What about Demon? I Read about demons, they are black and have weird voices too!"

"No I don't wanna be named Demon. And stop changing the subject from the main problem here."

They have been trying to find a name for the black shadow for months now. But that thing didn't like anything.

"But I'm fineeeee"
Said Midnight trying to sound believable.

"Dont forget i am part of your soul, i know your thoughts and feelings."

"Yeah... What about Prince?"

"Prince is not a name but a title, and it's hideous."

"Aw dang it... How do you know that?"

The black shadow laughed
"I read a few books in the library, you would like it there."

Midnights mood drop again
"But I can't go there, Villagers don't like me..."

After a while of chatting, Dream appears to bring Midnight some dinner, they eat a bunch of berries and then Dream runs back to the Village

(Note from author, when i was writing the last sentence i first wrote 'Dream runs back home' which is funny because it was an incident but it very nicely descrabe Dreams character)

Midnight is left alone again, at least he has the black shadow to talk to.

(A few days later)

Midnight looks at his hand.
So much blood, but that happens when somebody throws rocks at you.

Midnight takes some leaves and tries to clean the blood, but it doesn't work. Hes bleeding a lot.

The black shadow looks angry,
"Why didn't you let me help you?"

Midnight looks at the entity and chuckles
"Because you would hurt them. I don't want you to hurt them-" "YEAH I KNOW! Because Dream would be sad or some shit! It's always Dream! It's always Dream!! Never you!"

Midnight stares at the black shadow that grows bigger and black smoke waves around it.
"Why do you even care?"

The black Entity stares intensively at the small purple god.
"Because I'm part of you, and even if I don't feel the pain, I don't want to be part of a body that is broken."

Midnight snuggles up to himself and sights.

"Fine. What should We do?"

~End of the first part of Chapter twenty six~

I decided that I would split this into two parts, it's a long story and it needs a lot of time but I'm not superhuman, so for you guys i split it so you have material to read while i made Pt 2.

Love ya!
(1066 words)