Chapter 14

Krys's POV

"Hey guys," I said nervously. I was looking down on the floor. My hands were all sweaty, but they were always sweaty when I got nervous. I got up and walked over to them. I avoided all eye contact with Louis. "Did you guys have fun?" I asked trying to sound like everything was okay, but I think my voice was a bit unsteady.

"Yeah it was great," Scarlett said smiling. She was holding Zayn's hand, and she looked really happy.

"Okay well I'm gonna go to bed now," I said walking away from all of them slowly. "Bye. Goodnight."

I didn't wait for them to reply. I quickly shuffled to my room, and shut the door. I sat on my bed listening to all of them outside.

"What was that all about?" Scarlett asked. I think she was asking Louis. Oh crap.

"Not sure," he said calmly. How is he so calm?!?

They all said their goodbyes, and the boys left. I heard Aria and Scarlett talking about what happened. I wanted to go out and talk to them so badly, but I just couldn't. They quietly walked over to my room. I quickly got into my bed, and pretended to sleep.

"I guess she was really tired?" Aria whispered to Scarlett. She was confused as to why I was acting like this.

"Yeah this is weird. Krys never falls asleep like that. I expected her to be bothering us with thousands of questions," Scarlett whispered back. They walked out of my rooms and headed to their rooms to change.

When I heard them walk away, I sat back up on my bed. I stared at the mirror but it was too dark to see anything. All I could see was the outline of my reflection. I got up and started pacing. It was still dark, but I didn't want to turn the light on. My phone was buzzing quietly. I picked it up, and saw 7 texts from Jake. I was scared to read his texts. Why does he always expect me to help him get out of trouble?

I madly texted him back. I can't stand him. I was still pacing, even faster now because of my frustration. I closed my eyes, and tried to calm myself down. Louis face popped into my mind, and my eyes shot open. What happened tonight? Was he going to...kiss me? There were too many thoughts running through my mind.

Scarlett's POV

I could tell Krys was awake. I could hear her pacing from her room. I wasn't sure why she was trying to avoid us? She probably just wants space. But why?

I began to get ready for bed. The thought of tonight made me smile. I haven't felt this happy and stress free in a long time. I guess Krys and Aria were right I did need to go out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke to the sound of someone in our kitchen. I looked at the time, and it was 7:30. Who would be awake at this time?

I walked out to the kitchen. It was Krys.

"Hey Krys, what are you doing up so early?" I asked her. She was silent for a while. She reached up to eyes. I think she was wiping away some tears? I couldn't see because her back was towards me. I walked up behind her, about to give her a hug, when she spun around.

"I'm fine Scarlett. I just need some air. I'm gonna go for a walk, okay."

"But Krys..."

"No. Really. I'm fine. I'm gonna go now," she said quickly walking out the door before I could say anything else.

She was gone for a while now. I was really worried about her. I sent her hundreds of texts and phone calls, but she didn't reply. Around 11:00, Aria woke up.