Chapter 19

Scarlett's POV

I woke up the next morning in a good mood. For once things were going good. I got a text from Zayn this morning asking if I could come to their hotel. I quickly gathered my things into my purse. I put my hair up in a ponytail with millions of hair clips in it. It was the only way that I could keep my frizzy curls up.

*buzz buzz*

Another text? I wonder if it’s from Zayn again.

From Aleezah: Hey girl! I'm in NY for a little while. Wanna hang out?

Aleezah was one of my friends from back home. I wanted to hang out, but I already told Zayn that I was coming over.

To Aleezah: Hey! Sorry I can't hang out today. I'm going to see my boyfri-

Wait. I quickly deleted what I just typed. Are Zayn and I a couple? I took a second to think this through.

To Aleezah: Hey! Sorry I can't hang out today. I'm going to see another friend. Maybe some other time! :)

I sent the text and looked into the mirror in front of me. Who am I kidding? We aren't a couple. I don't even know what we are. I walked out to Aria and Krys.

"Hey Aria, can I borrow your car?" I asked her avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah sure. Are you going to see Zayn?"

"Yeah," I said quietly.

"Oooooooooo," Krys mocked.

"I gotta go now. Bye guys," I said leaving quickly. The whole car ride I couldn't stop thinking about everything that's happened between me and Zayn. What if he's just looking for someone to occupy him? He probably doesn't want a relationship. I mean he's going to be touring soon. Why would he want to be in a relationship, especially with someone like me? When I got to their hotel room I cautiously knocked on the door.

"Hey babe," Zayn said opening the door quickly and pulling me in. "How are you? The lads went out so I wanted you to come over."

He watched me as I slowly came in and sat down on the couch quietly. I didn't look at his face for a little while. There were too many thoughts running through my mind. He came and sat next to me. "Are you feeling okay?" he said taking my hands into his.

"Yeah," I said quietly. It came out like a whisper. I was looking down at my hands and picking at my nails.

"Okay really. What's wrong?" he asked. He reached up and turned my chin so I was facing him. "I know something's wrong."

"Can I ask you something?" I said nervously.

"Of course, love."

"What are we? Like are we a couple? Or is this just some kind of pass time?" I said a little harshly. He looked hurt. I regretted what I just said.

"Why would you think that this is pass time? Do you really think I'm that kind of guy?" he said getting up.

"No, Zayn. I didn't mean it like that. I'm just confused."

"I'm confused too. I thought we were together. I don't know if we are a couple, but I do know that I really like you."

"You really like me?"

"Yeah and now I feel stupid because you don't feel the same," he said as he sat down and ran his fingers through his hair roughly. I was choking up and the words that I wanted to say wouldn’t come out of my mouth.

"Zayn, I…do feel the same," I said shyly.

"Wait what? You do?" He looked up at me and for a second I just looked back into his dark brown eyes.

"Yeah I do. I was just confused as to if we were a couple, but to be honest I don't know if I'm ready for such a big commitment." I said nervously. "Plus you're gonna be leaving soon too."

"Scar, I really really like you. I promise you that I will be by your side no matter what, but if you're not ready then I'm okay with that."

I got up and started pacing around. I was confused and nervous. "Zayn, I feel like I'm just using you or something. I don't know what to do because when I'm with you I feel so happy and I feel like I'm in a perfect place or something. Maybe I'm just lying to myself. Maybe this was mea-" I was cut off by Zayn spinning me around to face him. I looked into his eyes for a second and the next thing I knew his lips were on mine. I forgot what I was rambling about. I felt lost with his lips moving with mine. The kiss was rough but passionate. I could feel the way he felt. I pulled my arm around his neck. We fell down onto the couch. He slowly leaned further into me. Then I broke the kiss.

"Well you're quite convincing Mr. Malik," I said playfully pushing him back up.

"I had to stop you from rambling somehow." I laughed a little and squeezed his hand.

"I think I'm just over thinking all of this. I really like you so what's there to stop me?"

"Does that mean we're an official couple now?" he asked as his lips were curving into a smile. I nodded my head. He pulled me into his arms for a hug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We listened to music and talked for a long time, but it felt like it had only been a few minutes.

I was jumping around and dancing. I started singing in my terrible voice. But I don't care I like to pretend like I'm a professional singer. Zayn just sat there laughing.

"What? Am I really that bad?" I asked innocently. I knew I was bad, I just wanted to see what he would say. My voice is so horrid it makes people want to hold their ears shut.

"No, babe you sound perfect," he said in between his laughs. I knew he was lying but I don't care.

"It's getting late," I said looking at my phone. "I should go now."

"Wait," he said grabbing my hand. "You forgot something."

"What? No, I have everything. I have my purse, my phone, my hair clips, wha-" he spun me around and kissed me. Every time he kissed me by surprise I just felt different. I felt as if I wasn’t that old shy Scarlett anymore. With Zayn, I felt as if I was a new person. After he let go, I just couldn't help but smile. I still can't believe everything that happened today.

"So can I go now?" I said. I still couldn't stop smiling.

"If you must," he said frowning. "I rather have you stay." I giggled and gave him a quick hug before leaving.

Author's Note: I really liked this chapter. it was cute! I hope you guys liked it too!! Please tell me what you guys think!! So the ship names are Zarlett, Haria, and Krouis....yay or nay? Anyways im really enjoying this fanfic & I like writing it because it's a good way for me to get away from all the stuff going on in my life...so THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR READING!! I LOVE YOU ALLLLL!! <3 (: