Chapter 21

Krys's POV

"Hey love," Louis said walking up from behind. I was checking my phone and saw that I got a text from both Scarlett and Aria. They were both spending the night somewhere else. "Aren't you gonna come back? The movie's almost over."

"Oh um yeah," I said rubbing the back of my neck. He was tugging at the back of my shirt.

"Come, sit down." I let him pull me back to the sofa. We sat there quietly watching The Vow. I nuzzled against his side.

How do you look at someone you love and tell yourself it's time to walk away?

I twitched a little at the line. I looked up at Louis, who continued to watch the movie. I quickly squeezed my eyes shut knowing that the tears were going to come any minute now. I sat up straight, for a second, moving away from Louis. He looked over at me.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked resting his hand on my leg. I nodded.

"It's just...I don't really believe in it," I said quietly. "You know? Love." I got back up and walked towards the table.

"You don't believe in love?" he asked turning to face me.

"No. It seems to happen only in movies," I said looking down at the patterns on our old table. "I mean yes, I do believe in it sort of. I just don't think it'll happen to me." He walked over to me and brushed his fingers down my arm. I turned to face him.

"Not even for us?" he whispered. I looked up at him. His blue eyes staring into mine. I felt my eyes tearing up. The memories of everything flooded back to me.

"I like you, Lou. I really really like you. I've just seen things. Things that I don't want to go through. Things that are caused by love." I looked down at my hands. His hands made their way to mine.

"Tell me," he whispered. He looked down at me. His eyes burning through me. My throat went dry. I didn't want to speak but I did.

"Because ever since I was little I've always just seen fake love. I've only seen my mom be happy for our sake, but I knew the truth. It's funny cause for most kids the only love they see is between their parents. But the only thing I saw between my parents was yelling, screaming, and...crying. I simply believed that love didn't exist," I said as a few tears trickled down my cheeks. His fingers came and brushed them away.

"So you're afraid of falling in love because you think that it's not real." I nodded. "You tell yourself that love isn't real because you don't want to accept it. You pushed me away at first because you did not want to believe in the fact that you might fall in love with me."

Everything he said was true. I turn away from him. I try to stop the tears that are now coming down nonstop. He was silent for a while and I couldn't get myself to say anything. I wanted to run away and escape.

"I won't let you," he said slowly as if reading my mind. "I won't let you run away and be alone. What about me?"

"Y-You're the reason," I choked out. "You're the reason I'm starting to believe in it. That's why I'm scared. I can't be in love, but I am."

I can't believe I just said all that. I quickly slipped out of his grasp and started to walk away. He grabbed my arm before I could run away. He turned me around to face him, but I kept looking down.

"Now you didn't even let me speak," he said. I looked up him. "I love you too Krystal."

As my last tear left my cheek and fell to the ground, he kissed me. I felt something weird inside me. Is this what being in love feels like? I took in his scent and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. His lips moved with mine at a gentle rhythm.

He lifted me off the ground and I allowed my legs to wrap around his waist. As he began to carry me away, I broke our kiss.

"Wait the T.V. is still on," I said to him.

"Really?" he groaned and carried me back to the living room. I giggled into his shoulder. I thought he would have let me down, but he held me up with one hand as he turned off the T.V. "Now where were we?" I started laughing, but he cut me off with a kiss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Louis's POV

My eyes opened with the light shining in through the window. I rubbed my eyes, and I turned to face her. She was fast asleep. She looked perfect, so still, so fragile. I reached up and poked her on the tip of her nose. She slowly brushed her nose, like a small kitten. I smiled and poked her nose again. Again, she brushed it away. I poked her nose for the third time. This time she made a small noise, and buried her face into my chest. She was still in deep sleep. I silently laughed. I stayed still, afraid that a single movement could wake her. After a few minutes, I felt her eyes flutter open against my chest. I smiled knowing that she had woken up.

She backed away slowly from me, but I didn't want to let her go. She looked up at my face, and I smiled. She quickly shut her eyes, closing them tighter and tighter.

I laughed a little at her gestures. I ran my fingers through her hair, chills ran through her body. She was frozen. I noticed something on her forehead, a small scar. I ran my fingers over it.

"What's this from?" I whispered in her ear. She flinched a little at the sound of my voice.

"Nothing," she said softly. Anything and everything she says makes me smile. Her eyes were still tightly shut. Then she started to get up. I grabbed her hand refusing to let go.

"Stay," I said to her. She froze, as if debating whether or not to leave. She began to lie back down, hesitantly. I smiled at her, and pulled her close to me.

"You know, I've never told anyone all the things that I told you last night," she said to me. "I don't know what happened. I just kept talking and talking, kinda like what I'm doing right now...but you know, it felt good. It felt good to finally tell someone everything."

I found her hand under the sheet and laced our fingers together. "Thank you for trusting me," I said giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

She looked up at me and smiled. Her smile was so beautiful. I wish she would always just smile. I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "I do trust you," she whispered to me.

Author's Note: ok so first off sorry for posting this chapter so late. I was kinda going through a tough time & well I was just really busy & things were not really going good for me. Even though I wrote this chapter a long time ago I just never got a chance to post it until now. Anyways...this chapter gave me FEELS ASDGHFKOGKEH ok so sorry if it was poorly written because its really late right now. Oh and the song on the side basically tells Krys's story...it inspired me so yeah love you all for reading this. Thank youuuuu!! :)