Chapter 36

Scarlett's POV

"Are you done, yet?" Zayn asked for the millionth time. I probably should be annoyed, but how could I be when he would wrap his arms around me and rest his chin on my shoulder.

"I'm almost done," I say as I try to mix the soup that I made. I was actually quite pleased with how this was turning out since I was rushing through it. Zayn reach his finger out towards the pot, but I stopped him.

"You're gonna burn your finger if you do that," I warned him.

"It's fine." He dipped his finger into the soup and quickly pulled it out.

"I told you." I giggled as he blew on his finger frantically.

"It's not that bad is it?" He asked holding up his finger. It was turning red. I turned off the stove and grabbed his hand dragging him to the bathroom. I run his finger under cold water, when I look up he is smirking.

"What?"

"Even when I do something stupid, you still take care of me." His words made my heart flip around. I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"Of course. You know I always will." He bent down to kiss my head.

"Always is a strong word," he says into my ear. I freeze for a second. The words seem so familiar. I know the way he said it was in a loving way, but something about it scared me. A chill runs through my body as a horrible flashback surfaces.

*flashback*

"Daddy are you sure you're gonna be back in time?" I asked him as he was getting ready to leave for work.

"Scar, I'll be back. I promise. There's still an hour until your performance." He bent down to kiss my forehead.

"But Daddy..."

"No more 'but's now Scarlett. Daddy has to get going."

"You'll always come back though...right?" He stopped rushing and turned around slowly.

"Always is a strong word...but I will be back." The emotion flashing in his eyes was unclear to me.

"I love you, Daddy." I said to him as he walked out the door.

"Love you too, honey."

*end flashback*

"Hey, baby, are you okay?" Zayn's thumb brushed against my cheek, wiping away a tear that I did not even notice.

"I'm...I'm fine." I try to cover my tear filled face. He moves my hands from my face. The worried expression on his face spoke the words that he did not want to say.

"It's okay to not be fine all the time. You don't have to hide yourself from me." All the tears that I have been keeping in since I've come home all burst out. I sink down on to the floor. He wraps his arms around me. I feel as if I've shank down to a speck of dust. I felt worthless and I wanted to just throw up. I felt disgusting.

"W-when will it stop," I choke out.

"When will what stop?"

"The pain."

"I don't know, baby, but it will stop," he says kissing my head.

I cry until I run out tears. I felt like crumbled up piece of paper that's been written on and thrown away. After a while, reality strikes me and I frantically try to wipe away my dried up tears.

"I'm...I'm sorry," I say but I am unable to recognize my own voice.

"Don't apologize," he whispers. I try to get up but his arms don't budge, holding me in place. "I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now, but I'm glad you let some of it out. I want you to be able to come to me when...when something goes wrong."

I look up to see his eyes. They were red. He was crying with me. The worried expression is still on his face. I've never seen him so fragile.

"I don't know what I would have done without you," I finally say to him. I see his face change by my words. I could practically see the weight being lifted off his shoulders. "I love you so much, and I want you to know that I will come to you. I will come to you from now on. It's just...it's just that I've never been with someone who actually wants me to tell them my problems. Most people just don't care."

"But I care. I really do care." He brushes his lips against mine. The soft touch of his lips calms me. I forget that we are sitting on the floor in the middle of my bathroom. The only thing that matters is that he is here with me.

As our lips move in synchronized pattern and my hands instantly run through his hair, I feel the weight being lifted off my shoulders too. The emotions inside me continue to battle, but the happiness that I feel with him wins.

He lifts me off the ground, not breaking the kiss. I'm lost. I'm lost when it comes to him. As we stumble into my room, I quickly remember the soup I left on the stove and break the kiss.

"The soup!" He groans obnoxiously.

"It's fine. Aria or Krys can finish making it." I try to contemplate on what to do, but his longing eyes cause me to give in.

"Fine." He chuckles, kissing me again.

Krys's POV

"No, mom," I hiss into the phone. "I'm telling you it won't end well."

"Please honey, you never have dinner with us, and this is a special occasion it's your father's work anniversary. This time 10 years ago his franchise was a success."

"I'm sorry, mom, but the last thing I want is to be surrounded by a bunch of snooty rich people celebrating their success." My mother gasped even though she knows it's true.

"Krystal, that is very rude. And you need to come. This will be great for you. Maybe you can find someone who can help get your career started." I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me through the phone.

"No thank you," I say with sarcasm thick in my voice.

"You can bring your friends, anyone, really." I could hear the desperation in her voice, but dinner with my father and his rich friends will not end well. He will humiliate me and whoever I am with. "Just promise me you will at least think about it," my mother says in a gentle tone.

"Fine. I promise." I sigh heavily into the phone and say my goodbyes. I probably won't be thinking about it.

Author's Note: So I finally updated!! Yeah I was supposed to update on Friday but I fell asleep and completely forgot haha...anyways this was kinda a short chapter...what did y'all think? I liked writing the emotional Zarlett part!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR READING!! Seriously though if you guys actually read this story it means the world to me because idk i just think its so amazing that someone would actually wanna read something that i wrote?!?! Anyways....I was thinking about making the title for the sequel a song from Midnight Memories you know since this is called 'Over Again' from Take Me Home...idk should I? Ok ill go now byeeeeeee :)xxx