Chapter 39

Scarlett's POV

"Where do I turn?!?" Krys yelled, slamming the brakes.

"I think you missed the turn," Aria said turning around to see if Krys hit anyone. She is the worst when it comes to driving to new places. We were on our way to pick up the boys from their promo thing.

They were there practically all day, even the sun was about to set. I rested my head against the window. I was exhausted, for some reason I had this uneasy feeling inside me. I felt like something was going to happen. I just wanted to relax, but that’s kind of impossible when Krys is driving in the middle of Manhattan.

"WATCH OUT!" I screamed as Krys slammed the brakes once again. A biker zoomed past our car.

"Fuck it. I don't want to drive any more. Somebody else take over." She drove to the side and stopped the car. This was probably so illegal right now. She got out of the car and huffed. "Wait!" Krys reached into the car again and honked the horn. "There, much better." She switched places with Aria and we continued driving.

I didn't realize we were already there until I heard car doors slam shut. I must have zoned out or something. I got out of the car to find everyone outside.

"Were you sleeping in the car?" I heard his voice and his sweet laugh in my ear. I turn around to kiss him. Zayn’s soft lips took away the uneasy feeling that was inside me. "We are gonna be partying today."

"Party? What?" I asked him.

"Yeah I have a friend here who's throwing a party and we are all invited," Liam said enthusiastically.

"I'm so sick of parties," Krys mumbled to Louis.

"It'll be fun! I'm definitely going," Niall said. His cheery tone was slowly convincing everyone, except Krys. She still had her arms crossed over her chest. After a long quiet conversation with Louis she agreed.

"Fine, I'll come too."

“Yayyyy,” we all cheered as she rolled her eyes. I guess I don’t blame her. She did have a tough time last night.

We all got into two cars, since we obviously can’t all fit into Aria’s car. I’m not really sure how I feel about this party right now. That uneasy feeling is still deep inside me.

“Can’t wait to see you in a dress,” Zayn whispered to me, placing a kiss on my cheek. I wrap my arms around him.

“But you’ve seen me in a dress dozens of times.”

“Yes and I never get tired of it.” His simple words make me feel so…so special. Is that too cheesy? It’s true though. I wish we could always be together forever. But life isn’t always like a fairy tale.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krys's POV

I. Want. To. Leave. I really am only here at this stupid party for Lou. I didn't want to force him not to go when all his friends were going. I think I'm just being a moody bitch.

"I'll go find you a drink. One that doesn't have alcohol in it," he said chuckling. He walked away, leaving me at the bar. I sighed and put my head down, trying to drown out the loud music that was giving me a major headache now. The bartender came and placed a drink in front of me.

"Sorry, but I didn't order anything," I said lifting my head up.

"It was paid by him," the bartender said pointing to someone in the far opposite corner. I couldn't make out who it was. This place was too dark and the lights only flashed for a small second. I rub my eyes and try to look again, but whoever it was left. I pushed the drink aside and rested my head on the table again.