14. THE WEIGHT OF ABSENCE

When Taehyung was at his office, trying to focus on his work, he couldn't shake off the guilt from the incident that happened yesterday. He felt remorseful for causing her to cry again, but what could he do? His mood had already been sour, because of Wang Zoe.

Yesterday, before Ava arrived at Taehyung's office...

Taehyung's secretary informed him that Miss Wang Zoe had arrived and wanted to see him.

"Tell her I'm busy," he said without a second thought, determined not to let his mood worsen by seeing her.However, a few minutes later, Zoe entered without knocking.

He glanced at her, his eyes cold and dangerous. He clearly didn't like seeing her in his office without his permission.

"Don't you have any manners? How dare you enter my office without permission?" he snapped, his voice laced with irritation.

"I want to talk to you," she replied directly.

"And I don't want to talk to you. I've already severed all ties with your company, so there's no reason for you to be here."

"You can't do that so easily."

"Oh, Miss Wang, you have no idea what I'm capable of," he remarked, his tone serene and confident.

"I will destroy you and your company" her tone was sharp.

"Go ahead and try," he said with a confident smirk. "but remember, This is Kim Taehyung you're dealing with-I'm not the least bit intimidated by your empty threats."

Her face fell; she was scared but tried not to show it.

"Now, leave respectfully. I respect women, but if you enter my office without my permission again, I'll throw you out immediately," he warned, his anger evident.

She was taken aback by his intensity.

"Fine, I'm leaving now," she snapped. "But mark my words, Taehyung, I won't let you off this easily." With that, she exited before he could say another word.

Back in the present....

He rubbed his forehead, struggling to make sense of his thoughts about Wang Zoe, who now seemed to be testing his patience.

Later, he asked about Ava, but he learned she hadn't been at the office that day. A pang of regret hit him; he wished he hadn't let her leave so easily. Now, all he could do was hope she would return soon and that their relationship would find its way back to the way it used to be.

A week had passed with no sign of her. He had considered calling, but each time he hesitated, fearing she might not answer. It was clear now that this wasn't just a fleeting infatuation; he couldn't live without her. His heart ached with a desperate longing to see her again, hoping that reconnecting might mend the chasm her absence had carved into his soul.

Meanwhile, Ava lay in bed, tears streaming down her face. For an entire week, all she had done was eat to survive and cry until her tears ran dry. When her stomach made an unusual noise, she realized it had been too long since she last ate. With no groceries left in the house and feeling the pangs of hunger more sharply, she changed out of her nightclothes and headed out to buy food. the task offering a small escape from her overwhelming sadness.

As Ava was shopping, she heard someone call her name from behind. She turned around to see who it was.

"AN: Any guess who's calling?"

Vote and comment if you liked the story-your feedback matters!