17. CASUAL CONFESSIONS

Taehyung's eyes lit up with a small smile as he saw her, dressed comfortably in her pajamas. “Oh, hey,” he said, his voice carrying a hint of warmth.

 “Oh, hey,” he said, his voice carrying a hint of warmth

She met his eyes with a serious expression.

“What are you doing here?”

“Can we talk?” Taehyung asked gently.

“There’s nothing to talk about,” she replied firmly.

“Please, can we talk inside?”

“No, I’m not letting strangers into my house,” she said with a serious tone.

“I’m not a stranger, Ava. You know me well,” he replied, raising his eyebrows to emphasize his point.

“Still, you’re a stranger. I don’t know you personally because you keep your personal and professional lives separate.”

He sighed and took a deep breath.

“Just tell me why you’re here,” she asked again.

“It’s been a week since you last came to the office,” he responded.

“Oh, so you came here to ask why I haven’t been coming to the office? Aren’t you the one who said I should stay home if I didn’t want to come?” she retorted.

“Listen, Ava, I know I was wrong I shouldn’t have yelled, but it’s not all my fault. You keep blaming me without telling me what I did wrong,” he said.

“Wow, so now you’re blaming me? Seriously, Mr. Kim—”

He interrupted her. “Hold on. What did you just call me?” a small smile tugging at his lips.

“What?”

“You just called me ‘Mr. Kim’?” he chuckled.

“Yes, I did. What’s the big deal? We’re not in the office anymore, so you’re not my boss. I can call you whatever I want.”

“True, but ‘Mr. Kim’ feels a bit strange. You don’t need to be so formal. Just use my first name instead.” he suggested.

"Forget about that. I’m just wondering—are you visiting everyone who isn’t coming to the office, or am I getting special treatment?"

"Well, Ava, you are special. I really do miss your coffee. No one else makes it just the way you do."

“Oh, it’s not my concern if your fiancée doesn’t make good coffee.”

His face went pale, and beads of sweat appeared on his forehead.

Oh no, did she find out I’m married? I need to explain before it’s too late,” he thought, panic rising.

“What, you don’t want to hear any negative stuff about Zoe?” The name had slipped out as she had been digging through information earlier.

“Zoe? You mean Wang Zoe?”

“Why are you asking? Have you forgotten your fiancée’s name?”

He exhaled in relief and managed a light chuckle.

“Who told you she’s my fiancée?”

“Everyone knows something happened between you two. I know you haven’t officially announced your relationship, but—”

“Hold on. Why are you talking so much? She’s not my fiancée.”

“Huh?”

“She’s not my fiancée, and we’re not even friends.”

“Really? She’s not your fiancée?”

“No, she’s not. But now I’m curious—are you jealous? I can see now why you were blaming me.” He smirked playfully.

“No, it’s not like that,” she replied, her voice betraying a hint of unease.

“Now that we’ve sorted things out, are you planning to come back to the office tomorrow?” he inquired.

“I’m not coming to the office because I’m not feeling well. As for returning, I’ll think about it.” she replied.

“As you wish, my lady,” he said, his subtle smile revealing a hint of understanding.

“Now you should go. If someone sees us, what will they think?”

“What’s the big deal? We’re not doing anything wrong. I just came to sort things out,” he said, his smile warm and sincere.

“Please, just go.”

“Maybe you’ll change your mind and invite me in for a coffee?”

“No, it’s too late.”

“Alright, I’m going,” he said, raising his hand in a gesture of surrender. “But make sure to be on time tomorrow,” he added, pointing at her then giving a playful wave.

“See you,” he said.

As she shut the door, a beautiful smile spread across her face. It had been days since she had felt this happy.

Vote and comment if you liked the story—your feedback matters!