30. FEELS LIKE HOME

The night was quiet, stars twinkling above as Taehyung leaned against the railing, a cigarette between his fingers, the smoke curling lazily into the air. He appeared tense, lost in thought. Taking a slow drag, he exhaled the smoke, letting it drift away as if releasing his worries along with it.

Just then, Ava stepped onto the balcony, her expression a mix of concern and disapproval.

"Hey, what are you doing?" she asked, her voice gentle but firm.

He glanced at her, a small smile barely breaking through. "Just... trying to clear my head."

"That’s not the best way to do it," she replied, frowning slightly. "You know smoking is bad for you."

"I know," he sighed, taking a slow drag . "I don’t usually smoke. It’s just... work has been really stressful lately."

She leaned against the railing, her expression softening. "You can talk to me, you know. You don’t have to handle it all alone."

He looked at her, the tension in his shoulders easing a bit. "Yeah, I just—sometimes it feels easier to escape for a moment."

"Escaping won’t solve anything," she said, stepping closer. "But I’m here for you if you want to talk."

He extinguished the cigarette, taking a deep breath. "You’re right. I’m just not used to it."

"Maybe now you have to get used to it," she said, a warm smile spreading across her face.

"Dinner’s ready! Are you coming in?" Her voice was bright and inviting.

"Yeah, I’ll be right there!" he replied, a smile spreading across his face at the thought of her cooking. "Besides, your cooking is way better than mine."

"Exactly!" she chuckled lightly, leaning against the railing, her features softly illuminated by the porch light. "Now come on before it gets cold."

With a final glance at the stars, he nodded and stepped inside, ready to leave the stress behind and enjoy the moment with her.

Inside, the dining room. The table was set with a spread of food, the aroma of her cooking filling the air. As they sat down, he couldn’t help but smile at the sight before him.

"This looks amazing," he said, serving himself.

She beamed at the compliment, taking a bite of her own food. "I’m glad you like it! It’s nice to cook for someone who appreciates it."

They ate in comfortable silence for a moment. Finally, he looked up, a content expression on his face. "You know, sitting here with you... it feels like home."

Her smile widened, a hint of surprise in her eyes. "Really? I wasn’t sure if you’d feel that way."

"Definitely," he said, leaning back in his chair. "It’s not just the food. It’s being here with you, It’s different from everything else."

She looked down, her cheeks flushing slightly. "I’m glad to hear that. I love having you around."

He met her gaze, sincerity in his eyes. "I love being here. It’s nice to escape from everything outside."

They shared a moment of understanding, the bond between them deepening over the meal.

"So, what’s on your mind?" she asked, curiosity sparking in her voice.

He paused, contemplating. "Honestly? Just more nights like this."

"Deal," she said, "To many more dinners and less stress." She said, He nodded in agreement, a smile spreading across his face.

After dinner, they cleared the table together. Once the dishes were done, Ava turned to him with a sparkle in her eye.

"Feeling any better?" she asked, looking over at him.

"Of course! And honestly, who can feel down after such a wonderful dinner?" he replied, making her chuckle.

"Are you ready to talk about work?" she asked, her voice tinged with hesitation.

"Not really. I’m in a good headspace now, and I don’t want to drag you into stress."

"Just know that, I’m here if you need to talk about anything."

"Actually, I’ve been wondering—do you think anyone at the office could be involved in what happened? Since you’re new, it’s tough to figure out," he asked.

"I can’t think of anyone right now," she murmured, her brow furrowed. "But it seems like someone might know something. I should meet up with Jimin to discuss this." She fell deep in thought.

Vote and comment if you liked the story—your feedback matters!