One

Mother Night Fury

It was just like any other night. Her majesty wanted more, it didn't matter what it was as ling as it satisfied his pit of a stomach. We dragons fly to out usual markets which would result to a unwanted battle with the humans. Yet we rather die by the hands of man then to meet our queens jaws. I ,being the strongest in my group, had to lead my fellow reptiles. The island we were raiding was unlike any other. This island held a village of highly experienced dragon killing Vikings, the most stubborn of the human species.
Deep down I wanted this to end. The raids, our mistress, every thing. I had recently became a mother, I had two sons, at least I did. One of my young ones seemed to irritate our queen with his sudden appearance while playing with the other youngsters. She ate him. My heart was torn by that. That is why I wanted out, before she thought about eating my only hatchling.
My kind was going extinct. There are only a few of us left. Although we are one of the more intelligent, strong and stealthy of reptiles, many humans hunt us to be famous, or other dragons feel threaten by us. I was only safe because of being in the queens control and keeping out of the human's range.

The raid was a hassle as usual. The Vikings swinging, hacking down their weapons. Dragons clawing and slashing their jaws. I was in the sky aiming my plasma blasts at the bolder and net throwing weapons. I never miss my targets. As I continued my mission a small wail echoes from inside the forest. Curious I followed it to a clearing. In that clearing was a female human, her body laying unconscious on the ground. The cause was that she was struck from behind by a Nightmare, the human's call them.
He stood above her, his scales ablaze with rage. I knew him well, well enough to know he hated humans with a passion especially this village. Killing Monstrous Nightmares were symbols of being an dragon killer. His kind was killed more here than any where else. My eyes scans the clearing where I spotted it. A human hatchling wrapped in animals fur lays only a few feet away from its mother.

Stop Nightmare, this human has a hatchling .

So were some of my kind, but that didn't stop them!

I shock my head, he was more stuntman any dragon indeed. I then approached the little one. It was plump, small and adorable. It then stops crying, looking into my eyes with its forest green ones. He then laughs reaching up for me. At that moment I grew attached to it.

Leave her, killing her while down will not be fair, especially while defenceless.

With a huff, the nightmare flaps away.

Taking the hatchling into my maw I began to take flight. The sun was beginning to rise, and we needed to head home. As I lead my group home, I was given questionable looks by my fellow comrades about the hatchling but none spoke against it. We glide through the never ending sea of mist where the rocks grew from the chilling waters and man lost their lives in their floating logs.
Many tried to find our home most likely to destroy us. Yet of course failed. Our home was a large island were a mountain stood high and strong. Inside is where we stay in the tunnels while our mistress rest within the heart of it.
Once we entered, we drop our stolen and hunted prey into the crimson pit. I didn't need to deliver any of the sort but a report of the raids, most likely who survived and who didn't. When one is gone, the queen uses her mind control to call in more to replace the fallen.

Nadder. I whispered to my very good friend. She too fell victim to losing a hatchling to the queen. I trusted her more than any one on this island.

Yes, Fury?

I have her take my new hatchling,knowing full well the queen would not hesitate to try and devour it.

Fury report!

Two gronckles.

Four zipplebacks.

And five nadders, your highness.

The monstrous beast sniffed the air. She smelt a new life in her domain.

Fury why is their a little human in my kingdom.

I couldn't tell why or she would eat it for sure. Thinking quickly I told her a fib.

A new recruit ma'am.

Recruit? A human?

Yes what better way to raid a human village when you have one of their own attacking along side us? The human will know what we don't. It will help us with battle strategy, survival, more meals for her highness to dine on.

Her highness thought this. Her eyes looking me over for any signs of a lie.

This wouldn't happen to be something about you lose of that annoying hatchling would it not?

No ma'am.

With that she agreed to let it stat as long as it served her.

After that I took my new hatchling to my den where my son rested in the warmth of burned rock. He had sensed me coming in and stretched before pounce towards me. He then stops when he sees his need sibling. Gently I place it on the den floor allowing it to crawl towards it's new brother. At first my son was sceptical of about the new arrival. But when the little one reached out it's little paw, my son sniffed it before purring and ripping his head against it. The new addition let our a little noise, a sign of happiness. Picking it up I go to the little nest to sleep. Both my little ones fell asleep in an instant by each others side, I then knew they'd be the best of siblings.

Protect each other little ones, for I may not be around for you in the future.