Five

Astrid

This time,this time for sure! Today was another early morning raid. Yesterday volunteers went with Chief Stoick to find the dragons hide out. While they ate gone, the next generation is to train to fight dragons. A opportunity I've been waiting for for years. While the village battled I search for my opponent. Many would question why I insist on challenging Night and I would give them the same answer "he's a traitor."

"NIGHT FURY!" People cry out as the beast shot down a catapult. There on it's back was none other than Night. He and that monster acted as one as they sore through the air. He is indeed a disgrace.

I wait for him to come down like he usually does. Every time a dragon is about to be slaughtered Night comes to their aid. Sure enough, he came down.
"NIGHT!" I roared as I charge at him.

He didn't seem all to surprised to to see me with my axe ready to behead him. His face held no emotion as I and I spare to the death.

"Why?"

I am taken aback by his voice. It is rare to hear him speak human for once. I'm more used to his beastly voice. Night's eyes stare deeply into my own.

"Why do we fight?"

"Because you and those monsters do nothing but cause trouble. You kill ,steale, destroy everything in you path!"

Suddenly I am knocked to the ground. Night's body pinning me with his sword at his throat.

"Have you killed before?"

Why the change of subject? Night waits for my answer. Never have a killed a living being. But I'm not going to tell him that.

"Yeah so wha..."

"Lies."

"It's the..."

"Your scent, your axe doesn't carry the blood of a dragon, a human, a animal. "

"And like you haven't?"

"I have, but I only do it to survive. I don't like to brag about it, it's life." He says as he removes the blade." So, I'll ask you, why are you so determined to kill me and the others?"

Seizing my chance I flip him over, now blade in his neck. I make sure he can't escape.

"Like I said, you monsters who do nothing but create disaster for everyone."

His eyes shut , his breathing calm. How can he be so calm? Here I am about to kill him and he isn't going to fight back!

"So trying to survive is a crime?"

"For dragons yes!"

"To protect those we love is sickening?"

Where is he going with this? Is he trying to stall me with these ridiculous questions? Well sorry Night, I don't fall for that. Raising my axe for a clean cut I aim for his throat . Just as it comes down his eyes open ,again nothing but calmness in his forest gaze.

"Dragons and humans are the same."

"How?Do humans have scales? Kill for no reason? Breath fire? Take those you love away from you as if they were nothing!"

My parents ,my uncle ,were taken away from me. I resent all dragons for killing them. Leaving me alone in this harsh world. Little do I know I was crying, tears flows down my face. Many emotions flows through my body like a wave colliding besides a cliff. A large, skinny, rough yet gentle hand whips my tears away. Night looks up at me with concerning eyes.

"My mother, a dragon who raised me, was taken by humans. Killed because she doing what a mother has too, survive for her hachlings." His voice grows soft at the mention of the beast.

Stop. You don't understand!

"If it wasn't for my brother, I would've been alone."

STOP!

"No one likes to be alone."

Having enough I jump off him. My heart pounds against my rib cage. He's doesn't understand! He's one of them! How can they possibly feel like we do? Not in the mood to finish him off I drop the handle of my axe onto his abdomen causing him to gasp out.

"That's for last time...traitor."

With that I ran off. Next time,next time for sure!