Nineteen

Astrid

I can't believe this is happening! Here I stand in front of a large beast that I sworn to kill yet instead leave it be. It stares into my eyes as if judging every inch of my soul.

"If we want to be free of her highness' game, we must pull out new playing card." Night walks between the two rows of us five teens and dragons. Today we were to learn how to trust a dragon with our own lives. Without trust we were better off dead when facing the monster of Night's nest.

He described her as the side of a mountain, never afraid to kill an enemy, nor comrade. A true queen without a soul.

We had a plan to defeat her, but we needed to learn how to ride dragons,trust them,understand them. The elder and Gobber watches above to observe our training.

"First off,you must reach out your hand. "

"You crazy they'll eat our hands!" Snaps Snoutlout .

"If they really wanted to attack, they would've already." Night sighs.

"Just do it." I added with announce filling my voice.

The rest of us follow Night's instruction by cautiously holding out our hands. The dragons begin to sniff our hands mesmerizing our scents before pressing their muzzle on our palms. The nadders scales were warm yet cool at the same time. They were smooth as newly made swords blade and shines brightly in the sun light.

Night had to help Snoutlout with his chosen beast, a monstrous nightmare. It waits for the stubborn boy with bored eyes. Night grips Snoutlout's wrist and guids him slowly to the creature. Once close enough the beast presses him muzzle to the boys palm. Snoutlout let's out a sigh of relief and excitement.

"Congratulations, you've made a bond with your first dragon." Night smiles. That smile soon fades when a terrible terror comes squawking through the arena bars. It lands perfectly on his shoulder .

"What is it Sharpshot?"

The two go back and forth unbeknownst to any of us but the dragons who join the conversion.
Night seemed troubled as he sighs and nods. He waved his hand dismissing the little dragon before calling out one last time. He returns to the group.

"It's seems we'll have to train in a faster pace. The queen is becoming suspicious."

"Then what do we do?" Asks Fishlegs.

Night smirks widely which sent unnerving chills down my spine. He leads us to the edge of Berk, a cliff,the same as before. Looking down at the waiting waters below ,I was amazed that we were even alive.

"Are you ready?"

"Uh for what?" Says Ruffnut.

"Yeah what?" Adds her brother.

Fishlegs shrieks in fear once he calculated what was going on while the rest were clueless. Night makes a click like growl which left us clueless, until I felt my person being pushed passed Night and off the cliff.

I look up to see the boy standing there looking down at us with amusement as the others,including myself,cry out in panic.

"He's trying to kill us!" Cries out Snoutlout.

"Him too!" Says Tuffnut.

Night jumps as well with ease. His face calm yet had a goofy grin on his face. The Night Fury comes up under him letting him stand on his back.

My body soon was in contact with a hard ,smooth and rough surface. I was on the Nadder who glides inches above the breaking waves.

"Flying. "Night says once every one was on top their dragons.