Nine

Hiccup (Night)

What do we do now?

I ask my brother. Toothless is hanging from a branch looking at the loss of a fin. He can't climb nor fly out the cove,and the dragons are probably searching high and low for us. Not to mention her highness is going to be out raged because of our sudden disappearance.

Nothing. I can't fly and we're stuck on a island of our enemy. Who knows how long we'll be stuck here.

I sighed he has a point. A sparrow flies out the cover. Toothless watches until its out of sight. Flying is part of my brother as well as me. Its basically our second nature. Looking at his fin I began to think.I could try to make a new tail,I know each motion and I'll need material from the village unfortunately.

Night?

I turn to my brother smiling. Let's make a new tail.

Astrid

The Nadder was protestant as it searched the maze for us. Gobber made a maze in the arena to learn the dragons weaknesses and how to use that weakness to our advantage. The Nadder hops on the wooden boards trying to catch either of us. As usual, the twins fight, Fishlegs runs while I'm stuck with Snoutlout who continuously tries to woe me. And as usual, he fails.

Eventually event one but me is out the game of chase and run. I've grown tired of it because that is what that traitor always did. I chase he tries to flea not wanting to fight. Anger boils up inside me as I reflex that morning.He was holding back! He saw me as a weakling! The Nadder corners me, it growls with a roar ready to unleash its poisioness spikes.I'm not a weakling. Just before it could strike,I unleashed my own weapon at its head knocking it backwards.I'll show you weak, just you wait Night, I thought as the beast cowers away in defeat.

"Next time,next time for sure."

Valka

I witnessed it all. Gobber had built Ashrid a weird contraption for dragons. That morning I witnessed the mighty beast plummet with boy. I wanted to help but the young lass beat me to it. She was about to claim the Night Furies head but was interrupted by its rider.

What I saw was not a boy nor human. He had locked up his humanity to protect the dragon by becoming on himself. Incredible yet frightening.

Astrid tried to defeat him as the stubborn shield maiden she was. As I watched her grow I knew defeat was not an option with her. She had to be a warrior,the best of the village. She wanted to be.

Like my husband, this village, dragons are sought as devil's walking or flying on the earth we claim,but do we really own it?

All I wish for is to be in peace with the dragons for I saw what feel. For this war to stop. The struggle to survive.Fearing death. All these emotions I witness from afar helpless to even stop this from going any further.But my husbands heart is grieving to the point he wants all beasts even traitors like Night to perish.

The loss of our child,true is tragic,not even I could bot stop myself from weeping at the thought. But will killing solve anything?

Night stood above Astrids battered body, he had won. He stumbled as he cradles his head. The fearsome scowl was gone and replaced that with confusion. Night looks down at the girls injured frame. Gentle he pokes at her until he got the sign of life.

"I know your out there." I jumped in surprise. I had hidden myself behind a tree that was just as badly damaged as the young shield maiden.

"Take her home please. "

"How"I hesitated to ask but continued. "How do you know I won't hurt you,or you hurt me? "

Night pulls out a knife causing me to flinch as it reflected in the suns rays. But instead using it on me,he cuts the rope that entangled the beast. The beast stretches and has the boy climb on his back.As he mounted he says"Because I know you won't. And I won't hurt you."

"Why?"

I peer out from my place. Our eyes meet, then I saw it. Those eyes reflected my own. They too wished for all this to stop. With that the two hurry off further into the forest.

"We're the same."